Don't worry, be happy!
    why a nine month hiatus? Pregnancy doesnt' mean you have to be totally off the bike unless contraindicated by risk factors. Obvviously you'll want to follow the advice of your medical practicioner, but many women stay on the bike for many months. They may change thier riding style (duh) but don't completely write it off. There have been some great threads here in the wl that I suggest you read; mostlu personal experince but it may open your eyes if you think that she's done until the baby comes.

formica

Binge Rider

Good job! Juliana's Morning Sickness....New Bike, New Baby... x post

This is a cross post from the Santa Cruz Forum. My wife wanted to drop the news here with you gals but after not being able to come up with anything "creative" she asked if I would post here too. I see there are already some posts about riding and being pregnant, any advice is welcomed!

Talk about some mixed emotions! I just finished building up this Juliana for my beautiful wife which was a welcomed labor of love. I thought such a great wife deserves a great bike. After months of researching, saving & blowing money, and waiting for mail orders, we finally got it done. She finally has a bike that fits her and watching her ride it and the growth in her confidence got us really siked up. Then we started planning a trip to Chamonix, France in the spring of next year. Does it get any better? Having your wife ride with you, seeing her on a great bike that fits her, and planning a trip to some of the world's best riding...Apparently is does!

She got to ride it about 3 times & then informs me she will be needing a 9 month hiatus from riding. Yeah!!!! Booo!!! Yeah!!! Darn it! Don't get me wrong, we're happy add to our family... I don't know how this happened? Must have been all that down time waiting for those mail orders to arrive. At least this puppy will be waiting for her when we finish this next labor of love. And I am sure ol' Chamonix ain't going anywhere anytime soon. But what timing huh? So here's what she has on it...

'05 Santa Cruz Juliana w/ Fox RP3 Anodized Gun Metal Blue
    Fox Float 80 RL Fork
    Chris King Headset
    Thompson Seat Post
    WTB Speed She Saddle
    Mavic 717 Disc / Converted to Stan's NoTubes
    Chris King ISO Hubs
    Kenda Nevegals 2.1
    Race Face Deus Cranks (170mm)
    SRAM X-9 Trigger Shifters
    SRAM X.0 Rear Derailleur
    Shimano XTR Front Derailleur
    Shimano XT Cassette
    Shimano XT Chain
    Avid Mech. Disc Brakes
    Avid Speed Dial 7 Brake Levers
    Nokon Shift Cables
    Nokon Brake Cables
    Kore Elite Stem (110mm / 5deg)
    Ritchey Pro Riser Bars
    ODI Rouge Lock On Grips
    Crank Bros Egg Beaters

*New Addition

Trek Rocket Carriage (stock)

Weighs in at a beefy 26lbs flat & the total package price was about the same...plus a few zeros on the end!!! The caboose will be Jr's ride...it's already set from big brother!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Spine Shank; 09-11-2005 at 07:16 AM. Reason: mispelled
    "Courage is fear holding on a minute longer" General Patton

CAUTION: ADJUSTABLE SUSPENSION CONFUSES ME

Binge Rider

Ya, she's still on it...

Ya, don't get me wrong, she still rides it but it definitely slowed down the trip planning to Chamonix as it was going to happen the same time she's due. I doubt I could keep her off any ways.

Slothful dirt hippie
    Congrats on the addition(s)! :P

I'm telling you, biking at this juncture for me is like natural PROZAC. I'm suprised my husband hasn't mashed the helmet on my head and forcibly shoved me out the door a couple times by now, LOL!

Binge Rider

Thanks...and Congrats yourself!

Quote Originally Posted by verslowrdr
    Congrats on the addition(s)! :P

I'm telling you, biking at this juncture for me is like natural PROZAC. I'm suprised my husband hasn't mashed the helmet on my head and forcibly shoved me out the door a couple times by now, LOL!
    Thanks and congrats yourself. I am hoping to stay pretty active on this pregnancy. It will be tough though when the winter hits. It's cold and dark in Germany where we live. But the upside is the baby will be here in spring and I can start riding hopefully my summer time again. Good luck with yours. Wish you the best...Mrs. Spine Shank!