Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

it's awful quiet around here....

3K views 45 replies 22 participants last post by  aword4you 
#1 ·
How about you southern/mild climate gals post some photos?:D
My beautiful new Specialized is waiting patiently for spring as we consistently dig out from the 4th heaviest snowfall winter on record. I'm a skier too so I don't really mind, but I sure am not getting any biking done.

formica

#7 ·
I know how you girls must be feeling about all that snow you've been getting. As you can see in the photos, we've gotten our fair share of snow in Southern California as well!

Okay, so maybe it's not the same as digging your car out of 6 feet of snow. ;)

These pictures were taken at the Southridge Winter Series XC Race in Fontana, CA on Jan 26th. Can you believe that you girls are stuck inside on the trainer, but we have beautiful weather and only one other girl comes out to race?!

Attachments

#8 ·
Yup. it is snowing now. Funny though, I still don't miss California. Riding all year for years and years kept me from appreciating spring or expanding beyond bikes. The forced sport change is pretty refreshing.

Plus, I have about 4 new sweaters in the works, and some mittens I really love:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/91694861@N00/sets/72157603480185080/

Formica - my folks live in Pullman. They have drifts so tall that you can walk over the neighbor's fence.

C

Attachments

#10 ·
To be honest, I'm getting a little sick of living here since my knees don't like skiing anymore. Unfortunately, moving away from Alta is completely out of the question for my husband (I used to feel the same way...).

Knee pain aside, I was having a pretty good winter up until a couple weeks ago when my knee locked up in the middle of a turn and I had to go in for my 5th knee surgery. It's getting old. And it makes me just want to ride my bike year round.

#12 ·
chuky said:
injury sucks. sorry to hear about that.

We are starting our long tedious base miles soon if you want to hit the road/dirt road on your road bike or xc bike.
Definitely. Where are you going to ride? I've been riding my spiin bike at home with really low resistance so far, but I go in for my post-op visit tomorrow afternoon to get stitches out and hopefully the doc will give me the okay to pedal harder at least... I'm going to be in Moab next Tues for work and am hoping to at least be able to head out and spin on a flat road or something if weather cooperates.

#13 ·
chuky said:
Yup. it is snowing now. Funny though, I still don't miss California. Riding all year for years and years kept me from appreciating spring or expanding beyond bikes. The forced sport change is pretty refreshing.

Formica - my folks live in Pullman. They have drifts so tall that you can walk over the neighbor's fence.

C
We've been XC skiing the local golf courses and so on. I think it's kind of fun.:)

#14 ·
Where it is dry-ish - hopefully m ost of the valley after this weekend. Do you have a road bike?

We also plan to do some green river area dirt road spins.

Cheers,
C

#17 ·
some riding the past 3 weekends

There have spots here and there on the Colorado Front Range that have been ridable. I've been getting at least 3 hours on the dirt that past 3 Saturdays.

2 weekends ago - ittybittybetty and i hopped on our singlespeeds and rode with the guys. I gotta say I am not in singlespeed shape - so needless to say after being out for 3 hours I was wiped out.

here's a pic ( from Devil's Backbone in Loveland, CO) of IBB showing the boyz the line and here's one of me cruising along. I LOVE riding my bike! :)

Attachments

G
#18 ·
MissMTB said:
These pictures were taken at the Southridge Winter Series XC Race in Fontana, CA on Jan 26th. Can you believe that you girls are stuck inside on the trainer, but we have beautiful weather and only one other girl comes out to race?!
there were more girls than that... they were racing other classes though. 2 girls in 34 and under sport, and three in 35 plus, i think Pua was out racing in Pro class that day as well.

you should move up to sport and race with allison (aword4you on here)

btw... that is my friend on the podium with you. that was her first time racing ever. very cool!

#21 ·
No pictures but I have actually rode three times in the last week. The park close enough for me to ride at after work closes at 6pm except Tuesdays for night riding. In the spring it will be open till 9 again and I'll ride more.
The weather in South Caroilna has warmed up to about 60 degrees during the day ~ it has been really great for riding!

#22 ·
i'll play

our snowy winter world is enchanting (especially if you're out playing in it) but i miss dirt. i really miss dirt. i confess that i'm cruising the arizona and california boards to get a little stoke...

chuky, i love your knit pieces, they are wonderful!

Attachments

#24 ·
Funny, SLC, Boise, Spokane. I think it would be pretty easy to draw a line through those 3 places. Lots of waist deep snow for a fair number of us.

Great snowshoe shots, BTW. Your pup looks to be having fun!

On Tuesday, JMH and I were in Arkansas, and flew out through the storm that hit that region (some of the craziest turbulence ever - pretty fun, actually, despite the couple of screamers on the plane). I did appreciate Little Rock's 70 degree temps, but I prefer my weather in forms other than tornados. Give me a blizzard and a solid winter any day...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.