mtbr member
    Sep 2013

ISO high end women's MTB shoes

Current pair of Shimano W80 is about worn out after 3 years of MTB and CX.
    Purchased a pair of Sidi Dominator 5 - they seem pretty flimsy, flexy and the cleats are really low profile after the Shimanos.

Size 38.5, wide forefoot and narrow heel, haven't found a guy's shoe that will stick to my heel.

Any recommendations from fellow female XC endurance rider/racers?!

Thanks!

Rides with Scissors
    I had good luck with Diadora shoes when I used to do distance and races... both road and mtb versions. I still use a pair I bought 6-8 years ago for racing, but then quit the race scene before I used them, so they've only seen light duty over the past few years. The "X Trail 2" seems to be the closest to the model I have. No idea if they're as good as they used to be.
    Some days you're the dog, some days you're the hydrant.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008

Re: ISO high end women's MTB shoes

How about Northwave women's shoes? I think they would suit you well, but it would be best if you could try them on prior to purchasing. If not, I suggest going half a size up.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Sidi shoes come in 3 widths, you might see if a narrow (and like some said a half size up might give a little more toe box room) fits ok. The ones with carbon soles are very stiff (e.g. the dragon). And they have replaceable tread which is fairly cool.

2WD
    Rides like a girl
    I have Gaerne Olympia's - if find them pretty solid and they have a nice cupping in the heel area that might be good for sticking to your heel for ya