mtbr member

I'm back........hopefully

I am finally starting to ride again after an array of injuries that have had me mostly off the bike for a few years. My daughter just moved to Fountain CO. and I am heading up to visit for Thanksgiving week with her cat and bike. I am hoping for some local knowledge as to where a couple of flat landers can ride near Colorado Springs where we won't die trying to climb. Yes, I have looked at the trails section and have some ideas but hoping to shorten the learning curve by asking here. Meeting up with someone local would be awesome too if anyone can handle showing some slow folks around. Thanks
    "My daughter says I shouldn't dance like this, but I'm going to anyway!" Toni Price, Hippy Hour, 11/21

mtbr member
    If you are in Fountain then Lake Pueblo State Park is not far from you, maybe a 30 minute drive down I-25. And those trails are very flat-lander friendly.

Maps and trail descriptions:

Southern Colorado Trail Builders

A very nice 2.5-3 hour ride would be Dukes to Rodeo Ridge to Cuatro Sinko to Pedro's Point to Pronghorn to Outer Limits to Inner Limits to Southshore. It's been a while since I rode there so I can't remember the mileage off the top of my head. The trails are nice and flowy and fun. This is desert-type riding, the only mountain scenery is you can see Pikes Peak in the distance.

If you want something closer to the Springs, try the Falcon Trail on the Air Force Academy grounds. It does have some climbs, though they are short they can be tough. The downhills are a blast, though. The loop is about 13 miles.

Sorry, don't have that great a map:
    https://www.google.com/search?q=Falc...ml%3B507%3B380

hope you have some good riding weather while you're here!
    I drank the 29er koolaid- turns out it was POWERade

mtbr member
    Thanks MtbRN! Looks like clear and in the 50's mid week next week.
    "My daughter says I shouldn't dance like this, but I'm going to anyway!" Toni Price, Hippy Hour, 11/21

mtbr member
    Aloha, sorry to hear about your injuries. Welcome back! I know how hard it must be to not be able to ride......