Moderator Moderator

Iditarod Trail Invitational

Ausilia looks to be the only woman cyclist in the race this year. Follow her blog or the race site.

Biancaneve pedala

Iditarod Trail Invitational-home page

Here's a google translate version of her blogpost, apologies if it misses any Italian subtleties...

And as always happens to me before starting an "important" in the last few hours that precede it, it takes me great distress ... is the moment of parting, the farewell to Dad, the rest of the family and close friends, of 'last cuddle my beloved Cenerina and the rest of the tribe .... it's time to leave a situation that I have under control, secure and predictable for a completely new ...... I know for sure, as has always happened in the past, that my anxiety will fade away as soon as I'll look out the window at the runway away ......
    When I go back to write on these pages will be on the other side of the world, light and free from my fears.

Dudette
    I just finished reading Ghost Trails by Jill homer, and her experiences during this race! Thanks for the link, I'll be checking that out!

Moderator Moderator
    A video Ausilia and Sebastiano made about the Iditarod Trail Invitational. In Italian, but there's no mistaking the beautiful scenery and the difficulty of the conditions.

Iditarod, l'Odissea bianca from Explore MediaLab on Vimeo.

Dudette
    I have to give a lot of props to people who do this kind of race. I can't imagine it for myself, but enjoy following the people who do! Thanks for the video!

Moderator Moderator
    Apologies to the other female Iditabiker, Eszter Horanji of the U.S.! Her blog is here: Final Shakedown | Zen On Dirt

The race starts today: Iditarod Trail Invitational-home page