a cycologist

I think my wife is hooked...

on the wondrous drug of mountain biking. I posted earlier on taking her on a trail a couple of times and patiently teaching her how to ride. Well she's really into it now.

Signs she's a junkie:

1) She told me that all day at work (she teaches) she daydreams about riding.

2) The night after a day of riding she dreams about riding.

3) She tells me that she tries to hurry home so that she can sneak in a ride before sunset.

4) She finally gets it on why it's important to know how to cross logs. In her own words, "It sucks having to get off your bike to walk over things all the time." She desperately wants to learn this skill. I'll teach her how to do the front wheel lift and unweight the back wheel soon.

5) Finally, she recently had dinner with a friend. The friend remarked that her long time boyfriend (practically common-law husband) wanted to buy them mountain bikes, but she was reluctant because she makes less than half of his salary and he already bought her a couple of big ticket items. My wife's response was, "I wish I had your problem. Can he buy us some new mountain bikes?"

What have I done to be so fortunate?? I feel like I need to make some kind of sacrifice to the mountain bike gods!

D.
    "Spread love. It's the Brooklyn way."

Biggie Smalls

Displaced Southerner
    Dec 2004
    That's great!!! It's so fun when something that you love becomes something that you both love. Kudos to you on helping her through the learning curve.

Quote Originally Posted by DBomb
    on the wondrous drug of mountain biking. I posted earlier on taking her on a trail a couple of times and patiently teaching her how to ride. Well she's really into it now.

Signs she's a junkie:

1) She told me that all day at work (she teaches) she daydreams about riding.

2) The night after a day of riding she dreams about riding.

3) She tells me that she tries to hurry home so that she can sneak in a ride before sunset.

4) She finally gets it on why it's important to know how to cross logs. In her own words, "It sucks having to get off your bike to walk over things all the time." She desperately wants to learn this skill. I'll teach her how to do the front wheel lift and unweight the back wheel soon.

5) Finally, she recently had dinner with a friend. The friend remarked that her long time boyfriend (practically common-law husband) wanted to buy them mountain bikes, but she was reluctant because she makes less than half of his salary and he already bought her a couple of big ticket items. My wife's response was, "I wish I had your problem. Can he buy us some new mountain bikes?"

What have I done to be so fortunate?? I feel like I need to make some kind of sacrifice to the mountain bike gods!

D.
    Whatever you can do or dream you can do, do it now. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now.
    ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

mtbr member since 1997
    Quote Originally Posted by DBomb
    Don't ask why! Just enjoy it. It's fantastic to share the passion for this sport with the one you love.

Mary Ann

life is a barrel o'fun
    She seems perfectly normal to us.

"We sat outside the dentist, tooting a horn on the guy's bike."-overheard in the Underground

Members who have read this thread: 0