mtbr member
    Nov 2005

... and if we just ... I had my first ride today!!!!

http://www.betweenwaters.com/etc/nrrt/intro.html

This is where we went. We rode 1/2 of it.
    This was with my 6 year old daughter with training wheels and my 4 year old son on a Trek bike attatchment behind DH. He was screaming to slow down and that we were going too fast from the second DHs feet touched the pedals.
    We progressed to raising my daughter's training wheels so she would balance more, and to DS relaxing his hands enough that when we stopped, they were not frozen clenched
    We all rode 5 miles round trip this time. I'm amazed!! And we were all in good spirits!
    Thank you all for the encouragement this time around and I still have high hopes for tomorrow!
    I am begging for the Concord / Lexington park trail... and dinner in the North End of Boston
    If you want an update, I'll be glad to let you know how it went lol!
    Ohhhhh - and I got a new bike seat! It seems the bar holding the seat on was broken somehow - may have been by the bike shop where we bought it a few years ago. Anyway, DH decided to get a new seat along with the new bar. It's small and has holes cut out for such things as girls would want I s'pose. But again, what do I know? I'm not horribly sore (YET)

mtbr member
    congrats on a successful first ride - it's even better that you're enjoying the sport with your family. if you haven't already done so, check out the new england mountain bike association website, nemba.org. tons of good info, and they have a pretty active local forum (which for some reason seems to be down right now). they organize some fun beginner skills clinics which will probably start again come next spring.

antonio

cyclemaven.net

Smile I'm SO happy for you

I was keeping an eye on your first thread (I didn't butt in because you were getting smashing advice), and wondering what would happen. Sounds like you and your family have a great attitude for the sport. Congratulations, and welcome to being a mountain biker!

P.S. Very smart move, getting a new seat (that other one didn't look very comfortable).
    Donate now!
    I'm a roadie this year for AIDS LifeCycle. Find out more by going here:
    http://girlmeetsbike.org

~*~*~*~*~
    That's great! It sounds like the whole family had a good time.
    That Rail Trail is such a nice place to ride. There are plans to extend it through South West Park and all the way to Mine Falls Park. It would link all the riding spots in Nashua.

Hmmm, I like your idea of doing the Concord/Lexington trail and then dinner in the No.End. My husband might just go for that.
    Mind if I steal that idea?

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by oldbroad
    That's great! It sounds like the whole family had a good time.
    That Rail Trail is such a nice place to ride. There are plans to extend it through South West Park and all the way to Mine Falls Park. It would link all the riding spots in Nashua.

Hmmm, I like your idea of doing the Concord/Lexington trail and then dinner in the No.End. My husband might just go for that.
    Mind if I steal that idea?

I liked my idea but it didn't work out. We rode Massebesic (did I just butcher that spelling) - the Turkey Burner ride (I think that was the name? )
    But feel free to help yourself to my dream ride and tell me how great it is!!

Members who have read this thread: 0