Thread: I am embarresed

mtbr member

I am embarresed

I sorta feel like I just knocked on the door of a ladies rest room and then walked in after no reply. I apologize for the intrusion. I just want to invite you to enter the 24 Hours of Pisgah this year. The solo female winner will get $500 cash, and guess what? With only 2 week until the race, no solo women entries. We have only two 4 person female entries, and no 5 person female entries. We have a lot of 5 person open, teams which means they have to have at least 1 female. We also have a lot of corporate teams with quite a few women. I know the reason most people race 24 hour events is not to win stuff, but rather feel good about accepting the challenge, and finishing the event. But just to let you know we pay out with great prizes to all classes at the same level even if only one team enters the class. All I am asking is please go to http://enduroadventures.com and see what we have to offer. We are a serious race as well as a festival. We have a good time, and are always looking to make it fun and exciting.

mtbr member
    Wow. I really miss the East Coast riding scene, and I'd be one of those who'd be insane enough to try this... but I'm already racing that weekend. Mammoth Nationals.

But I WILL put your race on the calendar for next year Sounds like a GREAT race.

Thanks for the heads-up!

-sunny

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Enduro Adventures
    I sorta feel like I just knocked on the door of a ladies rest room and then walked in after no reply. I apologize for the intrusion. I just want to invite you to enter the 24 Hours of Pisgah this year. The solo female winner will get $500 cash, and guess what? With only 2 week until the race, no solo women entries. We have only two 4 person female entries, and no 5 person female entries. We have a lot of 5 person open, teams which means they have to have at least 1 female. We also have a lot of corporate teams with quite a few women. I know the reason most people race 24 hour events is not to win stuff, but rather feel good about accepting the challenge, and finishing the event. But just to let you know we pay out with great prizes to all classes at the same level even if only one team enters the class. All I am asking is please go to http://enduroadventures.com and see what we have to offer. We are a serious race as well as a festival. We have a good time, and are always looking to make it fun and exciting.
    Looks cool...my daughter and or GF would be interested, next year we will be back in the states and will check you out.

mtbr member

How can I award $500?

OK the 24 Hours of Pisgah is next weekend, and still no Solo females have entered. The winner will get $500 cash. It does not matter how many entries. The only stipulation is complete at least 6 laps, and finish after 12 noon on Sunday september the 18th.
    http://enduroadventures.com

Des(s)ert Rat
    If I could, I would. That would only take a last minute flight from Colorado, arranging childcare, and bailing on my son's campout. But I am hoping that I will be able to do a solo endurance race within the next year. Hopefully you will get a last minute entry.

life is a barrel o'fun
    How much is airfare.......???!
    "We sat outside the dentist, tooting a horn on the guy's bike."-overheard in the Underground

Des(s)ert Rat
    If you are interested you should look into last minute deals on Expedia and Orbitz. You could conceivably cover the cost of the flight with the winnings, alhtough I don't know how much the entry fee is.

mtbr member

Entry fee.

The entry fee is $200 plus a $10 late waiver fee that will go to the Red Cross for Katrina relief. Please look at http://enduroadventures.com.

mtbr member
    where's little b?

life is a barrel o'fun
    As the only female, that would be cool.

But at the last minute, somebody like littleb would sign up and I'm in last place instead!

Nah, too much money/distance for me to go and get my ass kicked.
    "We sat outside the dentist, tooting a horn on the guy's bike."-overheard in the Underground

mtbr member

Solo woman

Just to let everyone know as of Saturday the 10th we now have 2 solo women signed up. I hope more will sign up, but I am glad to have 2. Thanks

Members who have read this thread: 0