mtbr member
    Jun 2009

Harlot shorts sizing

For those of you with Harlot Houlihans (the camo shorts), I have a quick question about sizing. My measurements put me right at the top of the size range for a Small (I'm about a size 6), and the company advises buying a size up if you want to wear them over padded shorts. I plan to wear them primarily over Terry Bella shorts (minimal chamois), and since they're designed to have a baggy board short type fit I'm hesitant to order up a size and have them be so big they're falling off. Unfortunately no local shops handle them for me to try on. So what is your feeling...Small or Medium?

Thanks in advance!!

Rides with Scissors
    I don't have the Houlihans, I have the Harlot Annie shorts... the sizing is slightly different between them. But like you, I'm right at the S/M line. I *do* have Terry Bella and Terry Liner shorts.

Where am I going with this? Hopefully this will help --

I tried my Annie shorts on with the Bella VS Liner shorts to see if there was any difference (that would make me choose my usual or go up a size). The Bella shorts did feel slightly thicker under the Annie's than my Liner shorts. Though not by a lot. I wouldn't go up a size unless it was REALLY close, especially since the Houlihans do not have the pseudo-belt for adjustment like the Annie shorts do -- that's actually why I chose the Annie shorts over their Houlihan or Habit shorts.
    Some days you're the dog, some days you're the hydrant.

mtbr member
    I'd go smaller. I have the Houlihan shorts and can fit padded (armored, not just a chamois) shorts under them fine. They DO have belt loops though.

mtbr member
    I would go smaller too. Going to medium will take you up a minimum of two sizes which you might find to baggy.
    If you ain't first, your last - Ricky Bobby
    Pain is temporary. Quitting lasts forever - Lance Armstrong

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Thanks for all the replies! I'll go with the size small and hope for the best.