mtbr member

HALP! need cycing apparel for tall women!

Hey all,

I am pretty new to the forums so sorry if this thread already exists. I am 5'11" and I have a really hard time finding stuff that fits me good. I usually end up wearing tall sized running gear out on the trails because I can't find any jerseys that are long enough for my torso. Also, finding tights/leggings for cold rides that are long enough has been impossible so far. I am also in the market for flattering bike shorts. The pearl izumi sugar shorts I have make me look ridiculously bubbly.

I already ride a mens bike (Trek rumblefish) that I am in the process of turning into a pink female masterpiece but as far as men's clothing goes, I would prefer to stay away from that. I like women's clothing haha.

Does anyone know of any good apparel lines that have tall sizes or at least cater to women that are not petite?

Thanks in advance!

mtbr member
    As a 5 9" I can understand where you come from. It has been pretty hit or miss mostly miss for me too, but oddly enough men's stuff was less successful for me. Seems that men have shorter legs for a height/waist.

Anyway, Performance brand is the only one that has worked for me as full length but accidental or intentional capris are the byproduct of a miss which can be sometimes blended into a different look, lol. Sometimes I use tall knee/calf socks to stylishly cover the gap and sorta fun it up a little.
    '93 Giant Sedona ATX custom
    '93 Giant Sedona AtX aero-edition
    '73 Schwinn Suburban
    '95 Fuji Suncrest

Rides with Scissors
    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor Livingston View Post
    Hey all,

I am pretty new to the forums so sorry if this thread already exists. I am 5'11" and I have a really hard time finding stuff that fits me good. I usually end up wearing tall sized running gear out on the trails because I can't find any jerseys that are long enough for my torso. Also, finding tights/leggings for cold rides that are long enough has been impossible so far. I am also in the market for flattering bike shorts. The pearl izumi sugar shorts I have make me look ridiculously bubbly.
    I'm 5'11" with long torso. I'd suggest checking out freeride jerseys, I've had good luck with them running longer than typical roadie-style jerseys. In the past, I've bought some from Fox, Sombrio, Dakine, and Maloja. I don't know how many of these companies are still around though (you may be able to find stuff on close-out or on ebay). Terry makes a tunic that on average people looks more like a dress, but on tall people it's more like a long sleeveless jersey (I have two, they hit low-hip and are very comfy). Loeka also makes women's gear, I think their freeride-ish jerseys are longer than the regular ones. Their shorts are for women who are built like tubes (no hips/butt).

My favorite shorts are made by Harlot, their "Annie" short. They have an internal waist adjustment for women with hips! No chamois though, you'd need to add your own liner. I wear men's tights/knickers, I have to get a large for the length, so they're a little loose...
    Some days you're the dog, some days you're the hydrant.

mtbr member
    Thanks I am going to check all those out. I'm really on the hunt for tall sizes in cold weather riding stuff, especially leggings/tights. I hope I won't have to resort to men's stuff.

Moderator Moderator
    Short here, but the Terry tall tiights look to have good reviews:
    Women's Tall & Long Athletic / Fitness Apparel - cycling at TeamEstrogen.com

Also available from Terry Women's Terry Coolweather Tall Bike Tight | Terry Bicycles

mtbr member
    thank you! I have seen that 2XU has tall tights (no chamois) but I can't find any sites that have my size!!! so frustrating!
    2012 Trek Rumblefish

Trek4Lyfe

mtbr member
    I'm 5'9" and my Sugoi tights have about 3 extra inches on them. I think these are them:

MidZero RC Pro Tight | SUGOI Performance Apparel

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    I'm 5'9.5" (34" inseam, so mostly all legs), and I've had luck with both Specialized's women's RBX shorts and Pactimo women's Ascent line shorts. I don't like my shorts/bibs too short, and find that they're a good medium (as men's seem to be so long). For knee and leg warmers I use Spesh's men's in large for the leg and medium for the knees and find they're a good length! They're the same as women's, but I think the sizes just worked out better for me.

I do have some cold weather tights (no chamois) that are wind/water proof and thermal from Spesh that are women's in a medium I believe, and the length is spot on! Best clearance rack purchase I have made, they were awesome during 10 degree cyclocross races this winter!