Bored Carp

Gooseberry Mesa Post Interbike De-Tox

Images from 2 days of riding.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/91694861@N00/sets/1075579/

JMH and I went to GM to de-tox after a long week working in Las Vegas. We were super pleased with the quality of the riding - the trail builders had a great rhythm set up that was just right for singlespeeding. The trails are bikes only, so no motorvehicles to deal with. Tons of cleverly designed sections, and the first time I have ever seen humor in official trail markings ;-)

Every trail was great - my personal favorites were Hidden Canyon and the South Rim. Between each sandstone section there are cedar lined singletracks and all kinds of majestic views. GM is highly recommended.

Logistics details - we stayed in the Zion Natl Park campgrounds and drove up to the mesa each day - not a long drive. Because of all the great revisions to park access and to the Visitor's Center, the campground is only 100 meters away from a huge stone patio with Wasatch beer on tap, great for quiet post-ride afternoons avoiding the desert heat ;-) Also, not bike related, but a carless Zion is not to be missed. Quietest Natl Park I have ever been too. Animals everywhere. Excellent sandwiches and coffee at the Mean Bean.

Cheers,
    Chuky
    I only attempt to change the world in the appropriate World-Changing venues and forums.

Displaced Southerner
    Dec 2004
    Great pics, Gooseberry is amazing. Thanks for sharing!
    ca
    Whatever you can do or dream you can do, do it now. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now.
    ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

pewpewpew Moderator
    awesome photos! what a great place to ride! I want to go back, but your pictures will do for now.

Members who have read this thread: 0