Bike Geek

Free basic Bike maint clinic in Portland Nov 17th

Hi ladies!
    I'd like to not only introduce myself on the forum here, but also offer a free women's only basic bike maintenance clinic at our Portland, Or. warehouse!

So I'm Bre and I'm a retired Pro Mountain biker / Triathlete / Roadie that also works for Planet X / On-One / Titus doing tech support, design and engineering. I'm a certified Master mechanic with over 20 years in the bike industry and have held lots and lots of clinics. I was the Ironman tech support head in Kona, have owned my own bike shop and used to coach athletes, so I have been around a bit

I'm hoping to help take some of the fear and intimidation out of getting to know your bike and what to do if you need to do a little work on it yourself. In this first clinic we'll be discussing things that you may encounter during your off season training and commuting. I plan on holding other clinics periodically and will vary the content with the season that we are in.

Start time will be at 12:00 on Saturday the 17th of November and I'm thinking we are going to go for about 4 hours with an open question session at the end. Location will be at the Planet X warehouse, 57 NE Hancock Portland, OR. 97212. 503-477-6182
    RSVP's are nice but not absolutely necessary. Most likely we'll be doing some sort of ride in the morning before as well so if interested please let me know!

I hope to see a few of you there!
    Tech, design and composites engineer at Planet X / Titus / On-One

Bike Geek
    It looks to be shaping up as a great little event tomorrow. We have had a number of RSPV's and so far it looks to be a great group of ladies! Although we always have room for more, if you are available and want to come and learn please come down!
    We will have complementary coffee, tea and hot coco on hand as well as some bagels to munch on, so it should be quite a fun event!

Bre
    Tech, design and composites engineer at Planet X / Titus / On-One

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Sounds awesome! If I lived in Portland I'd be there Good on y'all for putting on these clinics.