mtbr member
    Nov 2004

Extreme Fun – Women Only Bike Race

Just had to post this. Last weekend, Whistler held, for the third year in a row, a women’s bike race that was as much about fun as racing. Two years ago it was Betty vs Veronica, last year it was Charlie’s Angels, this year it was the Battle for Bond. The previous two years were a combination of a downhill park run with a XC run, this year they tried an enduro format. Each year with 200-250 mostly local women entered of all ages and skills. From the first one three years ago, organizers have made a special effort to make it fun and have a lot of special unexpected ‘features’ on the trails (humour everwhere) ending with a big party that evening.

Take a read through this report and pictures from nsmb and you’ll get the idea.
    Event Recap: Battle for Bond - NSMB.com Mountain Bike Reviews, News, Photo and Video

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Now there's an event that I'd drive for. What fun that would be to have a girl's weekend out for something like that.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Colorado has had an all female MTB race for the past few years, the Beti Bike Bash. Beti Bike Bash | Home I did this year's event, and it was definitely fun and they had awesome swag bags for everyone (and even better for podium finishers). Definitely plan on going again next year!

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    The Beti Bike seems cool. Next year I'm in!