Dudette

Dirt Rock n Root Training

Had an awesome intermediate mountain bike clinic with Kathi Krause from Dirt Rock n Root Training with some of the ladies from Cycle-CNY yesterday. I could not believe the difference it made on my riding after just a few hours of instruction. Having a ladies only clinic taught by such an amazingly talented woman in a supportive and positive environment was indescribable. Hopefully the pictures we took will help
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dirt Rock n Root Training-drnr-group-2.jpg  

Dirt Rock n Root Training-drnr-chair-trail-2.jpg  

Dirt Rock n Root Training-drnr-jumping-3.jpg  

Dirt Rock n Root Training-drnr-jumping-4.jpg  

Last edited by petey15; 07-22-2012 at 08:49 AM.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    That was my second clinic with Kathi; she is amazing! If you live in the Northeast or mid-Atlantic area, she's a coach willing to travel to YOUR trail system to teach your group how to overcome the specific challenges on YOUR trails. She holds some downhill clinics at Plattekill and Whiteface in New York if you're interested in learning downhill. I took a downhill clinic with her at Whiteface last August. The clinic she held for Cycle-CNY yesterday, and two additional clinics she'll instruct for us in August are cross country skills clinics, so she teaches a wide variety of skills. Her information is here if you're interested in having her come teach a clinic for your group: https://www.facebook.com/DirtRocknRoot

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Sweet!

Good instruction, combined with some girl-on-girl peer pressure is great.

Dudette
    miatagal96 - you can say that again! Usually it was the bravest amongst us willing to try an obstacle first, followed by another and then having no choice ;o) - me. As we went through the day, we stopped "thinking" so much and kind of played follow the leader. I was able to go over things that previously I went around, without much thought. It's amazing what a difference a clinic can make. Being able to session a section over and over again without the pressure of having to move on really helped, too. Mudgirl, can you post up some more pics?

Serenity now!

Clinic Lust

My new goal: a women's clinic for all my new riding friends (Dirt Divas) and me!!

I have noticed that when I'm following someone and they successfully negotiate a gnarly-looking spot or skinny, I am more likely to Just Do It. I think a clinic is just the thing.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Kathy taught my beginners group at the Midwest Women's Mountain Bike Clinic in June and she was just great! Very helpful, I wish that I lived closer to her so I could attend some of her local clinics.