mtbr member

Assault on Santa Cruz Trail Warning

Second weekend sex assault reported

Santa Cruz police Tuesday released information on a second sexual assault that occurred over the weekend and say the crimes may be related.

About 1:45 p.m. Saturday, a 47-year-old jogger was confronted by a man holding a condom and asking for sex on the Pogonip Creek Trail, Sgt. Loren Baker said.

Pogonip is the 600-acre open space area between the city of Santa Cruz, Henry Cowell Redwoods State Park, Highway 9 and UC Santa Cruz.

The Latino male in his 20s tried to start a conversation and spoke in heavily accented English, Baker said. He tried to restrain the woman, but she escaped, he said.

Early Monday, a 52-year-old woman was raped along the levee near Highway 1, police said. It was originally reported the victim was in her 20s. Police say passers-by heard her screams and interrupted the attack, and officers want to speak to those people.

The suspect is described as a Latino is his 20s, 5 feet 2 inches to 5 feet 6 inches, about 140 pounds, with brown hair and possibly a goatee. He wore blue jeans and a white polo-style shirt with blue stripes.

Lt. Rick Martinez said he wished to remind people to be cautious of their surroundings when walking in low-lit areas and to report suspicious activity immediately.

Investigators ask anyone with information to call detective Jon Bush at 420-5820.

ISO Gems...

Sad news...

Quote Originally Posted by yeti_girl
    Second weekend sex assault reported

Santa Cruz police Tuesday released information on a second sexual assault that occurred over the weekend and say the crimes may be related.

About 1:45 p.m. Saturday, a 47-year-old jogger was confronted by a man holding a condom and asking for sex on the Pogonip Creek Trail, Sgt. Loren Baker said.

Pogonip is the 600-acre open space area between the city of Santa Cruz, Henry Cowell Redwoods State Park, Highway 9 and UC Santa Cruz.

The Latino male in his 20s tried to start a conversation and spoke in heavily accented English, Baker said. He tried to restrain the woman, but she escaped, he said.

Early Monday, a 52-year-old woman was raped along the levee near Highway 1, police said. It was originally reported the victim was in her 20s. Police say passers-by heard her screams and interrupted the attack, and officers want to speak to those people.

The suspect is described as a Latino is his 20s, 5 feet 2 inches to 5 feet 6 inches, about 140 pounds, with brown hair and possibly a goatee. He wore blue jeans and a white polo-style shirt with blue stripes.

Lt. Rick Martinez said he wished to remind people to be cautious of their surroundings when walking in low-lit areas and to report suspicious activity immediately.

Investigators ask anyone with information to call detective Jon Bush at 420-5820.

Sad news... this guy needs to be found and put away so he doesn't see the light of day.
    It's a shame that female trailusers have to be on alert in a place where you're supposed to escape to get away from that kind of stuff. They ought to get male investigators to pose as female bikers, peddaling around with a wig, shaved legs, and some short lycra shorts to lure the douchebag in.

D

Dirtmistress

I think

a woman cop could do the same thing as you suggest but I'd love to see a cop dress in drag and shave his legs!
    WWXD.
    What would Xena do?
    She used to clean the whole trail.

banned
    Wow....that is horrible. Find him and put him away.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    "this guy needs to be found and put away"

Or better yet drop the hammer on him.
    I tend to support the death penalty for this sort of attack.

Bike to the Bone...
    This always sucks! I hope they get that guy and lock him in a cell where they use him as a plaything everynight...

Groveland Trail Heads

The second incident

occurred very close to where I live. Certain areas in Santa Cruz are becoming quite dangerous. My neighbors and I are constantly calling the police because of one incident or another happening on the levee near hwy.1. This area breeds crime because there are no lights and numerous escape routes. I have been trying to get a street light put in at the end of my street which is an access to the levee, but this has been like pulling teeth.

I do hope they catch that piece of sh*t.
    Last edited by scheckler; 10-13-2005 at 03:20 PM.
    My beat box is bumpin' and my rhymes are fresh...
    www.grovelandtrailheads.org

Formerly DMR For Life
    i like the idea of castration for the guy who rape women then they can forever suffer like those they raped...just a thought
    DMR

Members who have read this thread: 0