mtbr member

another quick saddle question

ive gone through the FAQ links, and got some ideas for new saddles for my gf. We've been struggling to find one that fits her well, but at least have the saddle dimensions narrowed down to 145mm sit bone.

the FAQ links are helpful suggestions, but the majority of reviews dont mention how soft or firm a saddle is... product reviews... i know, but it would still be helpful to have a few more detailed responses.

thanks in advance

feel free to add anything else
    1 hockey puck-$2
    1 mouthguard-$9
    8 missing teeth-$23K IOU from tooth fairy
    rattled brain forgetting impact-PRICELESS

mtbr member
    There are so many options out there and it's so hard to quantify softness, I don't see this getting much response.

What saddles are you looking at in particular? Maybe if you have questions about a few we could try to provide a comparison.

mtbr member
    Look at Specialized Body geometry because they do come in different widths, they have a few different models and some have gel inserts. I like mine but we are all different and it took me a few models to find one that I liked.

mtbr member
    i guess i didnt consider the variables.... we ended up going with the terry butterfly to replace a womens serfas something. it is basically a piece of floss that resembles a saddle w/ a hole in it. 120something mm's wide. its a big jump, but its what she wanted to try first and go from there.

lbs has almost no saddle options for women, so its tough for her to try things out..

she wants:
    softer w/o too much of a weight penalty, at least 145mm and a cutout rather than just a groove.
    1 hockey puck-$2
    1 mouthguard-$9
    8 missing teeth-$23K IOU from tooth fairy
    rattled brain forgetting impact-PRICELESS

mtbr member
    The best way for her to find the perfect saddle for her, is for her to take her bike, bike shorts, and bike shoes to the shops and put her bike in a trainer and install and try every saddle she can.
    "My daughter says I shouldn't dance like this, but I'm going to anyway!" Toni Price, Hippy Hour, 11/21