Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: All Our Bikes

Freeriding Feline

All Our Bikes

I was thinking since there are so many, "Which bike for me/my girlfriend, etc?" threads, why not start a thread that SHOWS what we ride and when we ride it, as in type of riding, trail, etc.
    You can include weight, parts specs, whatever.

So here it goes:

1.) 2009 Intense 6.6SS, medium frame, 38 pounds, DH/Slopestyle/AM riding.
    2.) 2007 Santa Cruz V10, small frame, 42 pounds, Pure DH fun!
    3.) 2009 Specialized Stumpjumper Comp, medium frame, 27 pounds, trail riding.
    4.) 2008 Santa Cruz Nomad, medium frame, 32 pounds, for trail/AM riding.

I'm 5'7" tall, ride clipped in for trails but prefer platforms for DH.
    Um, I think that's it for now.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails All Our Bikes-nov09nomad.jpg  

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by SuperKat; 11-04-2009 at 02:22 PM.
    "If you give up your dream, you die."
    Twitter - KIKat1029

Slothful dirt hippie

I'll bite

1) 2000 Surly Crosscheck road n' chipseal eating monster, somewhere around 53cm- don't know weight, doesn't matter if it's towing #50 of kid + kid stuff + trailer really....
    2) Burley bent circa early 2000s. A TANK. Unfortunately my spine gets odd swelling when I try it. Glad I bought it used.
    3) 2002 Marin East Peak size L, right around 28-30lbs before I start loading up the mega-bottles and Mtn Feed bag with fuel.
    4) Blauwerk Downhill scooter- 26" wheels, probably at least #35, LONG. Used for trying to kill myself w/ the dogs. Happy to say this evening we accomplished yet another run without encountering a skunk or wiping out.

"...Some local fiend had built it with his own three hands..."

Dirty South Underdog
    Great idea!

I ride endurance & XC and have (had?) a Niner Jet9. It was recalled, so I sent it back, and I'll be riding an Air9 while I wait for a new Jet. The Air is arriving/getting built today, so, in the meantime, here's the Jet:

Edit to add:

(Just built tonight!)

Road Bike (the BH):

BH Carbon Cross:

Surly Crosscheck SS/Fixie combo:
    Last edited by Andrea138; 11-04-2009 at 07:33 PM.
    Brickhouse Blog (most known unknown)

Just Riding Along- best internet radio show on Mountain Bike Radio

Bored Carp
    In the autumn, I ride my Niner Sir 9 rigid singlespeed quite a bit. it is a really fun bike:
    The upgraded S.I.R. 9 with carbon fork

I also sneak in the occasional road ride on my Orbea Diva:
    Diva

And make periodic jaunts to the farmers market on my old DH hardtail:
    CowanTownie

In the winter, I spend my time playing in the snow. Life balance is important!

In the spring, we spend a ton of time in the desert, mostly on my 5-inch Orbea Rallon:
    April09Moab_36

And sometimes on my Corsair König, a slopestyle bike:
    MPYR_4

As the weather warms at home, we spend more time on the pump track, I have a Corsair Ducat for this:
    GD_Ducat1.jpg

And last but not least, I too, am waiting for my new Jet 9. My Jet was the best XC bike for riding up in the high mountains of Utah, and I can't wait to have the new one. It is a great bike (mine is the white one):
    JETS_1

I think that embracing all forms of bikes makes every kind of bike more fun. Learning to ride flats has improved my technical skills (even on the bikes I ride clipless) and spending time on the road makes me stronger. Looking at all these mostly makes me wonder why I don't have a cyclocross bike anymore, ha...

Cheers,
    C
    I only attempt to change the world in the appropriate World-Changing venues and forums.

mtbr member
    Great idea! I love my bikes, here they are:

Ibis Mojo SL, small: trail riding, 26.5lbs, 5.5" rear/6" fork
    Cannondale Perp, small: lift/DH, 41lbs? 8" rear/ 7" fork
    Jamis Xenith Comp, 51": road riding & trainer

I just upgraded my trailbike from a stumpjumper to the Ibis, but the SJ was also a great bike for the rocky trails here (CT)...
    Last edited by heatherct; 11-04-2009 at 08:57 AM. Reason: added pics

Dirty South Underdog
    Quote Originally Posted by chuky
    ...And last but not least, I too, am waiting for my new Jet 9. My Jet was the best XC bike for riding up in the high mountains of Utah, and I can't wait to have the new one. It is a great bike (mine is the white one):..
    How hard was it to swap the silver/black linkages like that?

Looks pretty sweet!
    Brickhouse Blog (most known unknown)

Just Riding Along- best internet radio show on Mountain Bike Radio

Bored Carp
    super easy. crack into it!
    I only attempt to change the world in the appropriate World-Changing venues and forums.

Freeriding Feline
    Wow, really sick stuff here, and I'm happy to see I'm not the only one with some kind of "must-have-multiple-bikes-syndrome!"
    Twitter - KIKat1029

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Great idea, and beautiful bikes ladies!!

I typically race XC on my 26" S-Works Epic. At Downieville this past year it weighed in at about 22.6lbs with a big air canister and tube attached to the frame. I think at one point it was down to about 20.5lbs with Maxxis 310 tires, which I have only used once It's an awesome race bike for me and I was stoked to be able to race on it this past year.

My highest mileage "steed" is my road bike; an 07 Specialized Roubaix Expert with compact double gearing. Gets "steep" on some of the higher grade climbs, but awesome otherwise. I have no idea what it weighs. It's almost completely stock except for an Armadillo front tire and PT (power tap) rear hub. I'm guessing it's 20lbs. It allows me to easily and quickly get in training miles and do regen rides, and I love the SRAM Rival drivetrain with double-tap. I had issues figuring out Shimano shifting when I was first trying out road bikes, and this just "made sense".

I also have an 07(ish) Dos Niner that was my race bike in 2008. At its lightest (1x9 or 2x9) it was around 23.5lbs. I love the 29er platform and the soft tail is great. I had the opportunity to ride my husband's Niner AIR9 in New Mexico last summer (08) and compared to my 29er Canzo (which I rode the rest of the trip) and my Dos Niner softtail, I was shocked at how much more "plush" the soft tail is than a regular HT (hard tail). Currently it's sitting as a SS, which I have unfortunately not gotten to use much this off-season. Not sure on weight; it may have dropped a little due to removing the drivetrain, but probably around 22-23lbs at the low end (depending on what wheelset we put on there).

I also have an AM (all-mountain) rig - Specialized Enduro Expert from 05 that is absolutely "well-loved". It's probably 31lbs and climbs like a pig (no joke I just rode it for the first time in nearly a year :O ). Awesome suspension and a fun play bike, especially since we just sold my Specialized Demo 7 DH (downhill) bike.

A DH play photo just for good measure!

Rides with Scissors
    I'm about 5'12", longish torso, XC rider. After riding for four years on bikes that were, 1st -- too big, then 2nd -- too small... I went custom since I didn't seem to be able to "get it right" on my own.

Seven built me this:

Knowing what sort of TT fit me, and wanting something that would take more abuse and wouldn't transfer as much to my body, I added a boingy bike. One flamingo-pink Titus Switchblade (TALAS):

I also spend quite a bit of time on the road since trails aren't that close and it seems to be soggy all too often, so I have "old faithful", my road bike. It's a '96 Trek OCLV, parts and wheels are newer... almost a frankenbike!

Ability to travel places often went bu-bye and my riding became totally XC and I started wanting a FS bike that would handle and climb more like my Seven, but be more forgiving on bumpy downhills than a HT w/ 80mm fork. I couldn't afford a whole new bike, so after spending time on eBay and other sites with closeouts, I found a Fox RLC and a Titus RX1 frame (aka budget RacerX). Most of the parts from the SB also fit the new frame, so here's my "mostly new" FS bike:

Edit: I use the same Time ATAC pedals I've had for years and prefer the Terry Men's Fly saddle.
    Some days you're the dog, some days you're the hydrant.

mtbr member
    I have:

Bianchi Giro road bike - no idea what it weighs... (I'm the one in the middle with no knee warmers. I don't have a lot of pics of me road biking, mostly a bunch of scenery pics I took with my camera phone...)

Bianchi P.U.S.S. for XC riding - 21lb singlespeed

Transition Syren for trail riding - ~35lbs for all purpose riding Now it has a white replacement frame but the rest is the same...

Ellsworth Dare for DH racing/shuttle/lift served - ~38lbs
    Fixin' to get dirty in 3... 2... 1...

And my Ventana El Cuervo, which is going up for sale as soon as I get it put back together... But still techincally part of my bike quiver right now!

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    I'm a beginner and on my second bike. First was a beat to death Trek 800 and now I have a used Gary Fisher Hoo Koo E Koo. I put V-brakes on it to replace the cantilevers and a shorter stem, so that's about it for mods.

Can I still hang out here with you guys? Someday when I decide what I want I'll have nicer things. I rode a borrowed Kikapu today that was pretty sweet.

That's damn yankee to you
    Aug 2008
    Don't worry Firecracker. I wasn't going to post on here because I only have 2 bikes LOL

But here goes anyway:

My first: Giant Yukon would recommend it to anyone starting out learned a lot on that bike. Put a Manitou fork on it will a little more travel than the Dart 1. I still ride it around some.

Just recently purchased a Giant Trance. Will probably own it forever. I started some DH stuff this year and it handles it pretty well (beginner here not doing killer drops or anything yet) So next on my list is a DH bike.. maybe next year.

I'm 5'6 long torso, stubby legs. I have big hands and shoulder so WSD is not for me. My Yukon is a small, but the Trance is a Md. I like the way the bigger bike fits even though I'm right on the edge of being too short.
    Quote Originally Posted by Impy
    You know....... whatever bike they are riding, assure them its the biggest bike of any guy you have ever ridden with.

Freeriding Feline
    PLEASE post up! Don't worry, sometimes I'm embarrassed to have so many bikes. People that don't ride (like at work) just don't get it at all.
    Connie, the rims on that Ventana are AWESOME!
    Twitter - KIKat1029

Don't worry, be happy!
    Quote Originally Posted by Firecrackerktm
    I'm a beginner and on my second bike. First was a beat to death Trek 800 and now I have a used Gary Fisher Hoo Koo E Koo. I put V-brakes on it to replace the cantilevers and a shorter stem, so that's about it for mods.

Can I still hang out here with you guys? Someday when I decide what I want I'll have nicer things. I rode a borrowed Kikapu today that was pretty sweet.
    haha, it just means the disease is still in the early stages...

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    I plan to start shopping for a FS next spring Hubby gave the go-ahead.

Ugh, I hate how that sounds. We check with each other before any major purchase!

Slothful dirt hippie
    Don't worry! My collection is obviously pedestrian, but I'm wearing out drive trains so clearly it's getting the job done. And friends/family still think our collection is nuts.

The SID fork I upgraded to on my mountain bike is literally worth more than what it's attached to. I have to say that it's such an improvement that it's been like riding a whole new bike. I don't catch air beyond just hopping a water bar now and then, but that bike has handled everything from long XC rides to getting down the tail end of a local old school freeride trail over and over on my lunch hour rides.

My advice: Just ride the heck outta what you got and save your money. When parts fall apart, fix/upgrade them. When it can't be fixed or you save enough $$$$, buy another and start the thrash-cycle again. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Slothful dirt hippie
    LOL... it's just life w/ a shared checkbook. We both tell people "I've got to get clearance from the tower first on that".

mtbr member

Blurs

2 Blurs - a classic, and my new baby - a blue Blur LTc. That bike pretty much does everything I need it too, so soon I'll be down to one MTB.
    1 Steelman road bike
    1 ancient Cannondale F700 for running errands.

I can't believe in the last year I've downsized from 6 to nearly 3. I do miss my Bianchi Puss though (but my knees are very thankful).

mtbr member
    Post up some pictures!

Rides with Scissors
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperKat
    Connie, the rims on that Ventana are AWESOME!
    Maybe pick up some coordinating tires here: http://www.sweetskinztires.com/sweet.../products.aspx

Some days you're the dog, some days you're the hydrant.

mtbr member

OK, as you asked so nicely ;)

All Our Bikes-blur-1.jpg

All Our Bikes-blur2.jpg

All Our Bikes-cannon.jpg

All Our Bikes-steel.jpg

The Classic's for sale if anyone's interested (although it doesn't look like this anymore as I took some of the parts for my new ride)

Don't worry, be happy!
    Now retired and at "spare bike" status, King Kikapu build on a Mokomoko frame,

singlespeed I built, Pro Mongoose Ti frame ( 21 lbs)

my very first mountain bike, a Giant hardtail, now converted for errands

my current ride, Specialized FSR Expert

Team Chilidog!
    I'll bite, Ventana style! Rider is 5'4", very top heavy, short inseam 28in.

Rides:
    Blue bike: AM/trail El Ciclon, XS.
    Red bike: DH La Bruja, short TT.
    Black bike: Chiquillo 1x9 hardtail for winter riding (here it involves riding in a lot of sand at Ft. Ord in Monterey). XS
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails All Our Bikes-eltigreii.jpg  

All Our Bikes-rhinocito2.jpg  

MTB4Her.com: mountain bike site for women, by women

mtbr member
    I am five foot six and a half....30ish inch inseam..

Here are mine...yes I have been known to name my bikes

1. SC Nomad...I call her my "big girl bike"....

2. SC Chameleon...My light duty XC "trusty bike"

3. Redline Monocog Flight 29er...Only a few weeks new to me.
    Was looking for a regular size bike for SS'ing fire roads and came upon her. She was a smokin' deal and I plan on riding her all winter long as is. Don't really have a name for her besides "clown bike" because of the wheel size. She sure is a lot of fun. I guess clowns do have fun too....need to change out the seat though....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails All Our Bikes-1013091621ab.jpg  

All Our Bikes-bike-chameleon.jpg  

All Our Bikes-bike-clown.jpg  

Last edited by chick n da woods; 11-07-2009 at 06:36 PM.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast