Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: All Our Bikes

mtbr member

Commencal Supreme 24

if 6 bikes weren't enough, i picked up another one last week.

a commencal supreme 24. 140mm travel on 24" wheels
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails All Our Bikes-p8220220.jpg  

mtbr member
    My new ride!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails All Our Bikes-download.jpg  

Yeti ASR-7- (DHX RC4)
    Trek Lexa SLX- roadie

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Hey there!

Super-psysched to join the women's mtb thread.

My mountain bike is an Independent 'Deluxe' -- I wanted to get into dirt-riding this spring, and guess what showed up on Craiglist in my size?

So far, Indy and I have done a lot of fire trails. I'm fairly proud that my first time on technical singletrack was two runs of the Downieville Downhill trail this July (pictured).

I've got 8.5 bikes total -- too many to share, except the newest acquisition. Possibly the opposite of a mountain bike -- it's an aluminum lugged carbon road bike -- except that I just tried out my new ultra-light bike packing kit on it. Rode 60 miles this Saturday, camped out, and 80 miles back home, in record time. I'm so excited to throw the kit on the Indy for some off-road touring!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails All Our Bikes-downieville-indy.jpg  

All Our Bikes-img_3057.jpg  

mtbr member
    looking all the bikes it is great . i have been riding since march of this yr. dont have a bike of my own yet but i ride any bike i can.

mtbr member

Smile great bike !!!! it looks like a great ride !

love your bike !

mtbr member
    [QUOTE=Andrea138;6278021]Great idea!

I ride endurance & XC and have (had?) a Niner Jet9. It was recalled, so I sent it back, and I'll be riding an Air9 while I wait for a new Jet. The Air is arriving/getting built today, so, in the meantime, here's the Jet:

that sucks bike being recalled at least your getting a new bike . keep riding

mtbr member

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by zingiberish View Post
    Hey there!

Super-psysched to join the women's mtb thread.

My mountain bike is an Independent 'Deluxe' -- I wanted to get into dirt-riding this spring, and guess what showed up on Craiglist in my size?

So far, Indy and I have done a lot of fire trails. I'm fairly proud that my first time on technical singletrack was two runs of the Downieville Downhill trail this July (pictured).

I've got 8.5 bikes total -- too many to share, except the newest acquisition. Possibly the opposite of a mountain bike -- it's an aluminum lugged carbon road bike -- except that I just tried out my new ultra-light bike packing kit on it. Rode 60 miles this Saturday, camped out, and 80 miles back home, in record time. I'm so excited to throw the kit on the Indy for some off-road touring!
    hope you love dirt riding ! i do it is a great release!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Plauscha View Post
    My new ride!
    your bike looks great !

mtbr member
    Sep 2011

small bike stable...

Ok, I'm 5'4" with a 29 inseam.

16" Specialized RockHopper early 1990's (sold)

14" Kona Kula 1995 (still my main bike) swapped out the tires right away and then swapped out the Ritchey canti's for V-brakes.

15" Jamis Dakar Comp tried the dual suspension and didn't like it. Using the drivetrain for a commuter bike build then will want to sell this frame.

Med. GT ZuM frame currently building it up from parts.

I also have 3 unicycles: 20" Schwinn, 24" Miyata, 26" Yuni

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    My Santa Cruz Heckler

mtbr member
    love the green heckler !

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    There are so many bike out there to choose from eh?! I am in the market for a new DH bike... currently using a Giant Reign X1 as my "DH" bike... but i think it's time for a true DH bike!! Whistler bike park has just closed for the season (today is last day!) and by next year's opening, i'd like to have a DH bike... so, lots of time to shop around... I am thinking the Glory, if i'm gonna stick with Giant, but I like the looks of the Wilson too!

hello. kitty.
    Quote Originally Posted by tscheezy View Post
    It wasn't a crazy effort. Just a few shots here and there over the course of a couple of rides using a pair of GoPro cameras.

The trails are all "secret" singletracks on Kodiak Island, Alaska.
    ...alaska.

Ga sucks.

mtbr member
    This is my Turner SultanAll Our Bikes-p1010744.jpg

Super Ginger
    Feb 2008

one of my bikes

Just picked up new race bike. 2012 jamis D29 Pro. Rides so awesome...why did I wait so long to get a 29'er??
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails All Our Bikes-bk2012jamisd29pro.jpg  

2013 Jamis XCT 650b Pro
    2012 Jamis D29 Pro
    2011 Jamis Xenith SL

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Love all the bikes on here! Great to see women doing DH. So far I've got a Cannondale Trail SL2 and then an old style Evil Sovereign that I'm currently building. The Sov is going to be my do it all bike for am and a little dh. The build is going real slow right now, but hopefully it'll be done by summer.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails All Our Bikes-img_20111230_132919.jpg  

All Our Bikes-img_20120116_190210.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    love the bikes!

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Hi, sorry to jump on this thread. Not sure if it is appropriate but not sure where else to post this question. I am new to this forum. I am researching new bikes. Looking to buy one this week. I currently have a low-end Giant 'mountain bike' but am looking to upgrade a bit. My budget is 500 (I live in the UK). I have narrowed my choices down to two, that are slightly above budget (typical!). One is the Fuji Taho 4.0 2011 and the other is the Specialized Myka HT Elite 2011. Both are now 550 with the Fuji previously being 749 and the Specialized previously 679.

Looking through the buying advice in the Mountain Bike World website it seems that the Fuji has a better standard of rear derailleur and perhaps a bette make of forks. All of the other components read like a foreign language to me.

As both bikes are on sale in a national retailer (with only one shop within 80 miles of me) I am not able to test them out for myself. Also, their reduced price also means reduced stock so I need to act fast to get a bike in my size.

I am a woman of 5 foot 3 inches. I will be using the bike for trails, (a little) bumpy downhills and on road/pathways/cycle tracks.

I would like a bike that offers the best quality value for money and would really appreciate your advice.

Thank you : )

mtbr member
    Feb 2012

My Rides

Hey ya'll, love your bikes.....

I am a newbie, just into mtb for a couple months now.....

Haven't been able to figure out how to upload pics......but, bike #1 is a 2004 Trek 4900 I bought used to see if I was gonna like mtb riding, and, I LOVE IT!! The bike I bought is a man's 21" frame....I am 5' 7' it is tooooo big for me but rode it until I decided what I wanted my next bike to be.....and that brings me to bike #2....2012 Trek 4300 16" frame and man do I love it....gotta do alittle tweeking to it as bike #1 reach is more comfortable with a slight riser stem but hey, I will ride her til I can get that changed!!

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    I just got this Blur LT, it is SOOO much lighter than my Bullit! Still dialing in the suspension. Air doesn't seem as easy to pin down as coil.

Weight aside nothing compares to my Bullit. My true love...

I like the Bullit so much I also have DH version

mtbr member
    Mar 2012

Hope hello all

I am new to the forum and love seeing women out there riding. I am currently riding a 2011 Specialized Camber Comp and love it !!!!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails All Our Bikes-download.jpg  

see me rollin, they hatin
    My BMC Speedfox

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    I like the gold!

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    In honor of my injury recovery and impending return to dirt, here are my beloved two bikes My Jamis Dakar XC Comp and my full custom Gunnar - may 2012 be filled with many rides and smiles and no season-ending injuries this year!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails All Our Bikes-jamis_pl.jpg  

Attached Images Attached Images  

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    my wife on her Myka fsr elite.. this was her first ride of the season!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails All Our Bikes-photo-1-.jpg  

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast