robust, yet smooth
3-day mtb Better Ride clinic in Nashville, TN
I've already posted this to Riding and Training, but I've had the suggestion to put it here as well. I'm putting together BetterRide clinic in Nashville, TN.
This recent thread (Training with Gene Hamilton in Fruita) and an off-board conversation with Gene Hamilton has me intrigued enough to put together a 3-day Better Ride mountain bike skill clinic taught by Gene (http://www.betterride.net).
$300 for the 3-day clinic, 5 people minimum, 7 max, and I'm in for the first slot. I believe it will be a half days in the parking lot observing our current skills and working on drills and then hit the trails. Nashville has several good trails and I'm planning on using Lock 4 for its flow and then Hamilton Creek for rocky, rooty technical work. Tentatively scheduled for the 2nd or 3rd weekend of November, but may be December depending on everyone's schedule.
It's co-ed and highly skill based - physical AND mental. Check out the recent mtb camps thread here in WL for some of Gene's most recent replies.
For those of us in the SouthEast who can't easily make it to Fruita, CO, this is our chance. The clinic is usually $250 and the extra will cover his travel expenses. If you're close to Nashville, that's a heck of a good "fare" versus trying to make it to CO.
I have no financial tie to Gene and Better Ride other than I'm going to pay him for lessons.
But I can't float it alone, and I'd love to meet some more mountainbikers.
Please PM me if you're interested.
I hope this doesn't constitute SPAM; it's intended to be a public announcement.
Thanks all, lets ride!
-capt p, riding the rocks in NashVegas
robust, yet smooth
date set: Nov 19-21 in Nashville, TN
FYI, we've set a date for a 3-day Fall riding clinic in Nashville, TN. Please excuse the text from the flyer, I can't seem to get anything to upload.
November 19-21 Nashville, TN BetterRide Mountain Bike Skills Camp Three day skills camp, focus on general riding skills, climbing and descending skills, tactics, energy management, and FUN.
These mountain bike camps and clinics are designed to be fun and to greatly improve your riding and/or racing. Each clinic is limited to seven riders and you must reserve your place at least three days in advance. Please email or call for more information and to sign up for the camps and clinics. Clinic is only $300.00 for three days of World Class coaching and riding.
What You Will Learn
The skills covered in each mountain bike clinic will be based on your strengths and weaknesses and your goals.
Here are some (but certainly not all) of the more important skills that I teach. For private lessons we can work on the skills you choose or you can have me decide what skills to work on based on my evaluation of your riding.
Mountain Bike Skills clinics will cover:
1. setting your bike up for your kind of riding
2. body position/balance to keep you stable and confident on the most difficult trails
3. descending skills, descend smoother, with more confidence while using less energy
4. climbing skills, climb the most technical climbs efficiently
5. braking skills, learn when and how to brake for a smooth more in control ride
6. cornering skills, from tricky off camber turns to smooth banked corners learn to get through the corners
7. over coming fears/barriers to your improvement
8. any individual skills you would like to work on
Full Suspension, riding and set up
1. Some of my clients have been unhappy with their new bike and were wishing for their old hardtail. Believe me, most new full suspension bikes climb and descend better than hardtails. It's just a matter of bike set up and riding style. I will show you how to set up and get the most from your new bike.
For more information contact:
or PM me.
By ashwinearl in forum XC Racing and Training
Last Post: 02-09-2005, 08:47 AM
By capt pearl in forum XC Racing and Training
Last Post: 10-01-2004, 01:14 PM
By Kam in forum California - Socal
Last Post: 09-14-2004, 07:53 PM
By General Coonskins in forum Singlespeed
Last Post: 06-30-2004, 10:03 AM
By dirtydown in forum Endurance XC Racing
Last Post: 06-29-2004, 12:23 PM