Neg reppers r my biatches

04 Epic Womens or 05 Trek Fuel EX7 WSD?

I am looking for advice on which of the two is better, if there is a clear winner...

I think my wife will appreciate the beneift of disc brakes but I can get a very good deal on the Epic and the Fox fork is nice (though so is a Reba).

I was curious if one is a clear winner in terms of geometry, etc.

I appreciate any input.

Cheers

Don't worry, be happy!
    which one fits her best?

Quote Originally Posted by formica
    which one fits her best?
    I know....I know......you are right of course. However, I really wanted to surprise her since I am taking Friday off to ride with her and she thinks she will be using her old clunker, and I mean clunker. She is a definite beginner and my "sense" is that she will be extremely happy with either and since she works so hard on the home front (and school), she deserves a nice bike now that she wants to get into it. If she does get serious down the road, I will upgrade the bike accordingly.

As far as what 95% of our riding will consist of, to give you an idea that it will be VERY MELLOW riding....just to be with the family type of thing, this will be my main ride (I have 4 kids). My son (pictured) and 5 year old will be pulled by me with my 8 and 10 year old daughters on their own MTBs.

mtbr member since 1997
    I can't say anything about the Trek, but I have a 03/04 WSD Epic and love it. The "brain" shock is fantastic. It rides like a hardtail, has no suspension "bob" and sucks up the hits. It would be definite winner over the Trek for me, even with disc brakes.

As for fit, that she'll have to try for herself. But I think they're close enough that with adjustments either could work unless she's at extremes of the scale size-wise.

Good luck! Both are great bikes.
    Mary Ann

Don't worry, be happy!
    yeah, the specialized rules over trek. ;-)

what about gift certificate shopping?

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Ann
    I can't say anything about the Trek, but I have a 03/04 WSD Epic and love it. The "brain" shock is fantastic. It rides like a hardtail, has no suspension "bob" and sucks up the hits. It would be definite winner over the Trek for me, even with disc brakes.

As for fit, that she'll have to try for herself. But I think they're close enough that with adjustments either could work unless she's at extremes of the scale size-wise.

Good luck! Both are great bikes.
    Mary Ann
    Thanks Mary Ann.....it looks like I can get the 2004 Epic WSD for under $1200.....I think that is quite a good deal. Although I am not a huge fan of Supergo, in general, I like the shop by my house since when Supergo bought it out, the same employees pretty much all stayed.

I will check it out again tonight.

It is funny how much more direct the responses are from the ladies as opposed to us meatheads which of course undoubtedly, the thread immediately goes off on a lame unrelated tangent

Cheers