Jedi in training.
    Oct 2009

You gotta appreciate top notch customer service!

Just wanted to throw 2 thumbs up out there from my experience(s) with RealCyclist.com/Huck&Roll.com/BackCountry.com/theothermillionfreakin'websitestheyoperate.com

I had previously ordered some roadie stuff from RealCyclist a couple months back, and this time around I was searching for some QR skewers for my mtb. I came across Huck&Roll.com (sister site) having a sale on the FSA Scatto QR skewers at $24.99, and decided to jump on it with overnight shipping to try and make a ride today. For some reason, their roadie site was giving me a cheaper quote on the overnight shipping than their mountain site by a few dollars, so I logged into their Customer Service Live Chat, and spoke with some dude on there (this is quite possibly the only guy there I'm not happy with) to see why this was happening. guy, aka: Dude from here on out, asks me to give him a couple minutes while he "looks into it". Dude comes back and says "I checked that item from both sites, and they are the exact same product, so go ahead and order from RC if it's giving you the cheaper option". In all my n00b wisdom, it never crossed my mind about the spacing/dropouts from road to mountain..so my happy ass orders from RC and goes to bed nice and calm.

Today rolls around, and sure enough my skewers arrive on time...except...wait for it.....the box has an FSA factory barcode sticker that clearly states "ROAD". D'oh!!!! I call FSA to confirm that they make two seperate types, and sure enough, dude # 2 kindly explains it as if I'd just asked him what 2 plus 2 equals. yeah, yeah... I know.

So..I log onto H&R live chat, and explain the issue. This time, a chick is my rep, and she "looks into it". Come back with "Yes, those are two seperate parts numbers for road and mountain". Without a single question asked, she emails me a free return shipping label, and sure enough, 2 minutes later I have 3 emails in my inbox. email 1) free return label, email 2) FSA MTB QR skewer order confirmation, email 3) UPS shipping notification for the MTB skewers that just went out via overnight shipping. They sent me out the correct skewers, overnighted, without a single question asked nor charge to my card, and I have 30 days to return the original incorrect ones. Holy crap!

All I can say is... wow. Amazing level of customer service, and both times I have placed an order, I received confirmation and tracking number emails almost instantaneously. You just have to appreciate dealing with such a professional operation that is customer service oriented..

Their prices aren't the best out there, not sure if they price match,either...but on occasion you find some awesome deals. (picked up my giro helmet there for $15 cheaper than everywhere else when I ordered it, + I got to use my BING cashback account). I am also a fan of their "30 day unconditional money-back guarantee".

<./.endplug.>

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    They don't always have good prices on stuff, but what they lack in great prices, they make up for in customer service that's for sure.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Backcountry.com has always had the absolute BEST customer service.

Silver bullet
    I placed an order with Huck and Roll yesterday and had a problem with the pricing. The price on the website wasn't the price that came up in my shopping cart. I clicked on the chat button and got a rep almost immediatly and things got taken care of. Then they discounted another item I ordered and upgraded shipping for me too!!
    I had a similar instance with Blue Sky and they were no help at all...surprisingly. I always got good service from them. From now on I'll pay a little more and start with Back Country or Huck and Roll.