mtbr member
    Jan 2004

XX1? Where for not more than my ARM AND LEG?

XX1 looks sweet but not enough for me to give up my limbs. Where?
    We Ride In God's Country!

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    If you're patient, you can piece together a pretty good deal on eBay or Amazon. For instance, there's a new X01 cassette on eBay right now for $299 w/ free shipping. Amazon has great deals on shifters and derailleurs.

If you're not patient, a couple sellers on eBay having been known to take good offers on a complete group.

There's another thread with more detail.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    The OP has been searching for quite a while. Surprised you didn't see the new 3-piece XX1 kits (der, cass, trigg or twist option) for $600 on mtbr.

On eBay I've seen XX1 cassettes go for $265, shifters for $105 and derailleurs all day long for $199. Prices delivered. Heck, the best screaming deal for all 3 was $264!!! That's $264 for the der/shift/cass. Wow.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by westin View Post
    The OP has been searching for quite a while. Surprised you didn't see the new 3-piece XX1 kits (der, cass, trigg or twist option) for $600 on mtbr.

On eBay I've seen XX1 cassettes go for $265, shifters for $105 and derailleurs all day long for $199. Prices delivered. Heck, the best screaming deal for all 3 was $264!!! That's $264 for the der/shift/cass. Wow.
    yeah, I missed that one. $264! are you kidding? can you PM me the link or post here?
    We Ride In God's Country!

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    The old eBay auction may be up still, believe they keep for 30 days, but I could not believe it. Someone must've brainfarted and had a buy it now for all 3 so stinking low!!!! I can only imagine the buyer's reaction coming across the new XX1 pieces.

The White Jeff W
    Quote Originally Posted by myitch View Post
    XX1 looks sweet but not enough for me to give up my limbs. Where?
    What would you consider an acceptable price?

Dont forget that you'll have to get a new freehub body for your rear hub to use the XX1 cassette. I havent seen them included in any of the kits.

You could always but the back end (cassette shifter derailleur freehub chain) then use one of the Raceface XX1 compatible chainrings on your existing cranks. They're about $50 bucks

Race Face
    No moss...

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Skip the XX1 chain; if you currently run 10sp use the existing 10sp chain.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Use existing chain on a $300 cassette sounds like a bad idea.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    If the chain does not have significant stretch it's not a bad idea, and maybe the OP has a stash of 10sp chains which do not have to become "obsolete" with a 1x11. Many dealers are telling customers converting over they need the XX1 chain. Nope.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by danK View Post
    If the chain does not have significant stretch it's not a bad idea, and maybe the OP has a stash of 10sp chains which do not have to become "obsolete" with a 1x11. Many dealers are telling customers converting over they need the XX1 chain. Nope.
    A 10 speed chain works with the XX1 cassette and chainring? No dropped chains? I thought that the alternating pattern of the ring/chain was crucial for no chain drops?

mtbr member
    May 2012
    SRAM XG 1199 XX1 Kassette 11-fach 10-42

Not sure if this is cheap enough but I thought I would share.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Shipped to the US is higher than eBay prices.

Quote Originally Posted by BXCc View Post
    SRAM XG 1199 XX1 Kassette 11-fach 10-42

Not sure if this is cheap enough but I thought I would share.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Correct.

Quote Originally Posted by epiphreddy View Post
    A 10 speed chain works with the XX1 cassette and chainring? No dropped chains?