Thread: XX1 Group?

mtbr member
    Feb 2005

XX1 Group?

Some great prices at wheel world, but I'm hoping somebody has the grip shift bundle. (not available at WW)

mtbr member
    Does Wheel World sell the whole group or just individual pieces? I can't find the group.
    Thanks for the tip. I forgot about that site.

mtbr member
    and their prices changed (went up) since the last time I was there. The shifter was $139 yesterday, now it's $147. Everything went up slightly.

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    I know you can get the whole groupset on ebay from between 1025 and 1075 with the grip twist. Authorized SRAM dealer and full warranty.
    SRAM XX1 Trigger or Twist Grip Shift Groupset w BB30 PF30 BB Spring Sale | eBay
    I was going to go this route, but still could not afford it. Trouble for me is finding a Wheelset and XX1 driver that i could afford too

遅すぎ
    Apr 2008
    What's your price range ILMTB? The hoop hopes from the wiggle thread are pretty affordable, and the driver for the hope is ~95 for a total of 430 ish.

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    I sold my Yeti ASR-C and am building up a Orbea Alma 29er. Only had about 1500 for parts. Build should be up soon in the 29er thread

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    I ended up going with Competitive Cyclist. Group price was fairly good, but they won me over by having the Stans XX1 driver and all other parts in stock. The lifetime return policy also doesn't hurt. Tossed in a Chris King bottom bracket and should be dropping a huge chunk of weight with the transition this weekend. I'll post pics in the Ibis forum. Thx for the help folks! ;D

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    I was thinking of going xx1 but i just bought a clutch derailleur and a wolf tooth components ring. It works awesome no dropped chains. dead silent. 1x10 saved a ton of $ and their rings are lighter than xx1check them out. wolftoothcomponents.com

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by ma2xs View Post
    I was thinking of going xx1 but i just bought a clutch derailleur and a wolf tooth components ring. It works awesome no dropped chains. dead silent. 1x10 saved a ton of $ and their rings are lighter than xx1check them out. wolftoothcomponents.com
    very interesting, i'm so inclined to try it.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Raceface also makes the rings now.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Do the RaceFace rings work as well as the XX1 rings which work perfectly with a type 2 derailleur?

遅すぎ
    Apr 2008
    RF rings aren't out yet; ETA end of this month/beginning of june. But in theory they should. Wolf/works components/RF/e13/etc are all using the same type of alternating narrow-wide tooth pattern.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Maybe competition will drive the prices down!

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    I got an XX1 group on Ebay today, via best offer, for $870. I followed some of the auctions that the sellar had and this was the lowest the group had went for on an auction. SRAM XX1 Twist or Trigger Group 175mm 156Q 32T BB30 10 42 11 Speed | eBay

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Congrats....thanks for sharing! That is a smoking price!

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    I asked wolftooth components abou the patent for the xx1 style rings. They told me it was originally patented by a tractor manufacturer over 20 years ago. Seems like we'll start seeing more and more companies take on this chain ring style. Shimano where are you?

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    I bought mine off a guy on Pinkbike. He has another group. I paid $925 shipped.
    I'm going to rob banks til I retire or get caught. Either way I'm set for life

mtbr member
    I got Jenson to match Upgrade Cycle's crazy price of $950 for the trigger group. The discount was just about to expire. I got the group, an extra bb, a 38 ring and a extra chain yesterday. Hopefully the 38 clears the frame.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by hkenshin View Post
    RF rings aren't out yet; ETA end of this month/beginning of june. But in theory they should. Wolf/works components/RF/e13/etc are all using the same type of alternating narrow-wide tooth pattern.
    Does anyone know when the RF rings will be released? Any updates?