Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Schmeow Productions

Idea! Wtf?! I Found A Bashee For Free!!!!!

http://www.cactusbike.com/store/cont...duct_id=FRM604

wtf? is this a typo? did i miss anything?

i might try and get this!

stay thirsty, my friends
    Must be a typo . . .

mtbr member
    May 2004

Mistake certianly, but will it hold up?

It is possible that if you order before they catch it, some orders might make it to the mail. Who know!

$5.20 with shipping works for me. I ordered one. Only one though as I wouldn't want to be greedy and try to take advantage of it for profit! It'll make a nice upgrade from my Giant Yukon if they process the order!

Not a Barry supporter.
    I'm sure it will caught, but I ordered one too.
    Why would I need more than one gear?
    @A_SingleSpeeder
    EPA = crooks!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by JBsoxB
    http://www.cactusbike.com/store/cont...duct_id=FRM604

wtf? is this a typo? did i miss anything?

i might try and get this!
    The "scratch" is also listed as $0.00, most likely it's a new product listing and they haven't completely finished the listing (notice the lack of a photo). I don't beleive they would have to honor an obviously incorrect price on an item. Ethically you should email the web site maintainer and let them know you found a mistake.

If they really wanted to give away frames for free I'm sure the listing would emphasize the nature of the price.

Quote Originally Posted by Crash_FLMB
    I'm sure it will caught, but I ordered one too.
    I just called them and they are in fact giving them away for free. Some kind of special promotion, all you have to pay for is shipping.

Not a Barry supporter.
    Quote Originally Posted by frank n. beans
    I just called them and they are in fact giving them away for free. Some kind of special promotion, all you have to pay for is shipping.

Are you serious? It now says $549.00. Did they only have so many of them to give away and now they're charging? It's going to be interesting to see how this play out.
    @A_SingleSpeeder
    EPA = crooks!

Are you serious? It now says $549.00. Did they only have so many of them to give away and now they're charging? It's going to be interesting to see how this play out.
    They said it was a limited time offer. Only a certain number of free ones on the website. But, I have their catalog, if you call them up and mention coupon code T1WKUF they will give you the same deal. It expires october 16th. Sweet frame, mine should be arriving next monday. Can't wait.

mtbr member
    Jul 2003

it might be bs.. i dunno
    ...my head is bloody but unbowed

[center]2005 Rocky Mountain Slayer FOR SALE[i]

mtbr member
    May 2004

Wow, some special!

I wonder what they would have done for orders which had multiple frames?

Do you have a Fedex Shipping number on your order yet? If so, when did you place the order? I only placed my order early yesterday morning, so it isn't surprising that I haven't yet received notification that it has shipped. I'll be watching the order status very carefully till I do see an update though. Fingers Crossed!

Not a Barry supporter.
    They said it was a limited time offer. Only a certain number of free ones on the website. But, I have their catalog, if you call them up and mention coupon code T1WKUF they will give you the same deal. It expires october 16th. Sweet frame, mine should be arriving next monday. Can't wait.

Awesome! I hope to have the shipping info soon. I won't count my chickens b/4 they're hatched, but this will be soooo sweet! It'll be a project bike to build up over time. Since I'm getting more and more into the freeride aspect of riding, this will be perfect.

I forwarded this to one of my buddies who's frame is in diar need of replacement. He has all nice components but the frame is hosed. I hope he's able to take advantage b/c with his Marz DJ, Hayes brakes and so forth, he'll have a kick arse ride.

Man if this goes through, I'm gonna be so freakin' stoked! Plus, I'm moving to AZ in about a year so I'll have to visit this bike shop a lot.
    @A_SingleSpeeder
    EPA = crooks!

indigosky

Bs Bs Bs Bs Bs Bs Bs Bs Bs Bs Bs Bs

BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS

BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS BS

Bike Whore
    Mar 2004
    The retailer has the right to recharge your card the proper amount that the frame was supposed to sale for, even after you signed for the delivery and it's in your hands.

This happened to Jenson's a couple of years ago. They were selling a bunch of Tomac frames for $0.00 because of a an error on their site that was supposed to say $x.xx where you click to "x" price and they email you the price. But for some reason, it was listed as $0.00 and people tried to get Tomac frames of a models for free plus shipping.

There is some legal term that covers this, I forget. Something like "unjust gratification" or something like that where it protects businesses from consumers who try to exploit a situation and get something for nothing.

As for this Banshee situation, I think it's BS. I doubt there some promo code you can mention and get a free frame.

the target bike basher
    idk, my mother, is in buisness college getting her masters, and she even says that this is a big pronotion that happens all the time....i knew this already, but anyways im getting it tomrorow, im gonna call em and force them to give me it man, lucky me i am looking foir the same exact kinda bike

the target bike basher

phone?

is there a direct line to the shop? i keep getting an answering machine.

the target bike basher

Its Fake

well, you guys were like, all liars, i called the shop's toll free line, he said its some glitch on the internet and the catolog thing is a lie, if you could scan the page of the catolog ill belive you...but otherwise, its BS.

mtbr member
    Jul 2003

Good job!

Quote Originally Posted by puttsey
    well, you guys were like, all liars, i called the shop's toll free line, he said its some glitch on the internet and the catolog thing is a lie, if you could scan the page of the catolog ill belive you...but otherwise, its BS.

exactly!!!
    ...my head is bloody but unbowed

[center]2005 Rocky Mountain Slayer FOR SALE[i]

mtbr member
    May 2004

Not BS at all

I am not saying the order is going to go through, but I will certianly say the order is made and hasn't been denied yet. I just logged on to my order history and took a screenshot. Obviously I white - ed out all the identifying info. If you don't want to believe it, then that is your problem.

If I do get a Fedex tracking number e-mailed, or if I receive the frame I'll let you know. Till then I am not going to hold my breath.

Cheers.
    Attached Images Attached Images

the target bike basher
    there just going to charge your credit card like the one guy said, and trust me, i talked to the manager, you WILL get charged.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Another vote for BS!

Quote Originally Posted by puttsey
    idk, my mother, is in buisness college getting her masters, and she even says that this is a big pronotion that happens all the time....i knew this already, but anyways im getting it tomrorow, im gonna call em and force them to give me it man, lucky me i am looking foir the same exact kinda bike
    I understand your mother is getting her business masters, but I already have mine and I think she left something out. Promotions that give away free product do so to generate hype, generate loyal returning customers or to generate maintenance business (think Gillete razors, or free oil changes). Them giving away frames does none of these things, so I'm 99.99% sure it's a website glitch which they are not contractually required to stand behind.

the target bike basher
    im a 100% sure its a glitch, thats what the workers said...that one guy is bsing all of us

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    you guys are funny -

Only one person called me on this and asked if it was true and brought it to my attention...and to you...Thank you. And to the rest of you...nice try. Sorry for the confusion though.

There is no promotion code, no super duper sale, no catalog...that dude was yanking your chain. It was merely because we were doing maintenance on the site and didn't have the retail pricing on those frames at the time. We do zero advertising for the site so we didn't think it would be a problem. Unfortunately word travels fast when people think they are getting something for free.

So obviously I hafta credit all you douche bags who thought you could order this and get one for free with only paying the shipping. So if you ordered one and paid for the shipping with your credit card, call me and I'll get your shipping credited. I hafta pay 6% total of each one of these sales/credits so I really thank you all for making the next couple of days for me crappy.

I'll let ya know when we have other promotions...I think next week I wll be giving away my dirty underwear.

Peace,

monk
    www.cactusbike.com

PS - free bike shop...go here:

http://www.cactusbikes.com/store/con...d=freebikeshop

the target bike basher
    welp, that place just losta customer

the target bike basher
    ohh! i called you! im the one that called about it.......te he

mtbr member
    Jul 2004

Good Guy's at Cactus

I know the guys at Cactus, I spoke with Monk tonight personally about the web site, Just to let you know about these guys they started they're shop a little over a year ago in Ahwatukee Az at the base of South Mountain, one of the best trail rides in the Southwest for trail and The Best Free Riding in the Southwest period. Monk (owner) let me borrow a front wheel from him till Mavic got off there ass and sent him the part that he needed to fix it! They have classes on Basic bike Maintenace, lot's of your LBS's won't do that, they feel that they will lose business if you do it yourself. The guys at Cactus usually have after work rides for anyone from Beginners to Expert, from trail to Free Ride, show me a ****ing shop that will take you freeriding with them any where else?
    So my advise is don't rip off good people, good people are hard to come by.
    And to Monk... Ride on Brother!!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast