Sweat is just fat crying.

WTB Wolverine SE 26" tires at Performance

No idea what the SE means, but I was in Performance the other day, and they're having a 20% off sale, so the WTBs were $6 off the normal price which brought them down to around $25.
    Mountain Biking Is Not A Crime stickers, free! (You pay postage. PM me for details.)

mtbr member
    It looks like the difference, or one of the differences, is that these are 27tpi instead of 60tpi like the aftermarket tires. This will make the tires a bit heavier (they're quoting 75g heavier) and less supple. Not sure how noticeable the ride difference would really be though. The up-side is the sidewalls should be less prone to cuts.

I bought a WTB Stout 29ers tire from Performance a few years that was on a similar sale but not marked as an SE model. I think the TPI on mine was the same as the aftermarket spec but it was made in China instead of Taiwan like most aftermarket WTB tires. Many people reported problems with delamination and blisters when using those Chinese Stouts in tubeless setups. I've only ever run mine with tubes and it has performed well without problems. YMMV

Sweat is just fat crying.
    Quote Originally Posted by boomn View Post
    It looks like the difference, or one of the differences, is that these are 27tpi instead of 60tpi like the aftermarket tires. This will make the tires a bit heavier (they're quoting 75g heavier) and less supple. Not sure how noticeable the ride difference would really be though. The up-side is the sidewalls should be less prone to cuts.

I bought a WTB Stout 29ers tire from Performance a few years that was on a similar sale but not marked as an SE model. I think the TPI on mine was the same as the aftermarket spec but it was made in China instead of Taiwan like most aftermarket WTB tires. Many people reported problems with delamination and blisters when using those Chinese Stouts in tubeless setups. I've only ever run mine with tubes and it has performed well without problems. YMMV
    Ah, thanks for the info. Personally, I don't mind heavier if it's going to be more durable.
    Mountain Biking Is Not A Crime stickers, free! (You pay postage. PM me for details.)

Axles of Evil
    the SE means Special Edition. In other words, they are produced for Performance. Lower TPI, possibly harder rubber durometer...I can't remember all the spec's.

Good price though.