mtbr member

WTB Laserdisc lite rear hub $88 shipped from Bikewagon

Fantastic deal I just picked one up for my new race wheelset.

WTB Laser Disc Lite MTB Rear Hub 32-hole 9x135 Black 9s

mtbr member
    Rear MTB Hubs

Lighter, cheaper, and feels like they have 3 times the engagement. Also rolls better. The LDL's might be light, but they're not very fast hubs!

mtbr member
    I was very close to buying a BHS or Circus Monkey hub, but figured the ease of getting parts/service from WTB would be much better.

Former Bike Wrench
    Got one from Huck N Roll a few months ago for $50...rolls fine and has 24 engagement points which is sufficient. I do like the steel inserts on the freehub body, which more companies besides AC and WTB would do that.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by One Pivot View Post
    Rear MTB Hubs

Lighter, cheaper, and feels like they have 3 times the engagement. Also rolls better. The LDL's might be light, but they're not very fast hubs!
    wow, is this hub any good, soo cheap and any reviews out there?

I was looking at the 2011 WTB Laserdisc lite or Hope Evo for rear hub but now for that price $69 is a bargain but ?

mtbr member
    They're good... they're much more popular in the road world (but the hub is damn near identical internally). The guy who runs the store is great to deal with, but hes mostly a roadie and hangs around RBR.

The hope evo is a better hub... Its also drastically more expensive and another class of equipment. The BHS hubs have twice the engagement though, they feel almost instant to me. 6 good sized pawls too, no tiny teeth or anything, and steel on steel pawls/ring interface.

Frankly, they're not the best sealed hubs in the world. You might need to service them a little more frequently, but its a 5 minute job and the cassette doesnt even need to come off. The NDS side is sealed plenty well. The LDL hubs arent sealed very well either though.

Give them a shot, you wont regret it.

mtbr member
    thanks....and good review, I guess this is what you pay for lightness, nevertheless its a good hub with not soo good alloy freehub body.