mtbr member
    Jun 2006

New question here. WTB Laser V Team

I'm 245 lbs. and I'm looking for a new saddle. I looked at a guy's that I ride with and this seemed like a nice saddle. Anyone know where I may find one at a good price? I'm still not sure if I should use the Ti rails. I've read about the same number of reviews for and against the Ti rails, and throw on top of that I'm a clyde!

Bike Junkie

I like it

I ride one and I'm 220lbs. Ti is ok; but no hollow rails for us. I got mine from Performance.
    See You On The Trails!

Tá mé ar meisce.
    I really liked this saddle. Only problem is I bent mine (Ti). Same ride weight as OP. YMMV
    To see what is right, and not to do it, is want of courage or of principle. -- Confucius
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come join me at the Swamp

@adelorenzo
    Quote Originally Posted by cocamoxb
    I'm 245 lbs. and I'm looking for a new saddle. I looked at a guy's that I ride with and this seemed like a nice saddle. Anyone know where I may find one at a good price? I'm still not sure if I should use the Ti rails. I've read about the same number of reviews for and against the Ti rails, and throw on top of that I'm a clyde!
    I'm 6'6" 250+ and use the Progel model, I really like it. I got two of them for $30 each from Jenson on some kind of clearance. Don't know about the team model.

Regards,
    Anthony

mtbr member
    Jun 2006

New question here.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackOut
    I ride one and I'm 220lbs. Ti is ok; but no hollow rails for us. I got mine from Performance.

How do you know if the rails are hollow or not? I checked Performancebike.com and they don't carry the Laser at this time.

Quote Originally Posted by BeerCan
    I really liked this saddle. Only problem is I bent mine (Ti). Same ride weight as OP. YMMV

So what did you get to replace it? (also, what it "YMMV"?)

Quote Originally Posted by anthony.delorenzo
    I'm 6'6" 250+ and use the Progel model, I really like it. I got two of them for $30 each from Jenson on some kind of clearance. Don't know about the team model.

Regards,
    Anthony

I also looked at Jenson and couldn't find them. I've also looked at the WTB website and it doesn't show any type of Progel model for Team, Pro, or SLT. Perhaps that is part of the standard build on the Laser V.

@ Everyone.......anyone know where yo get a WTB Laser V with Progel and rails that can support a Clyde @ 240 lbs. ? Thanks in advance.

Do It Yourself
    (also, what it "YMMV"?)
    Generic disclaimer, Your Mileage May Vary.
    Long Live Long Rides

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    w/ cromo rails, $40
    http://www.blueskycycling.com/produc...Gel-Saddle.htm

and I think cambriabike.com has em with ti rails for $45
    http://www.cambriabike.com/shopexd.asp?ID=10653

@adelorenzo
    Quote Originally Posted by crazylax42
    w/ cromo rails, $40
    http://www.blueskycycling.com/produc...Gel-Saddle.htm

and I think cambriabike.com has em with ti rails for $45
    http://www.cambriabike.com/shopexd.asp?ID=10653
    The two are different. I have the one that is listed at Blue Sky. It has blue stitching on it and "NiCro" (aka CroMo) rails. Like I said, I'm 250+ and it is holding up well for me, and I do tend to bend the odd saddle. The one at Cambria has ti rails, no experience with that model.

Regards,
    Anthony

Tá mé ar meisce.
    So what did you get to replace it? (also, what it "YMMV"?)
    Sorry it took me so long to reply. I went with the selle an-atomica and have been very happy. Nothing is to good for my fourth point of contact.
    To see what is right, and not to do it, is want of courage or of principle. -- Confucius
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come join me at the Swamp