mtbr member
    Jul 2009

WTB: Fisher X-cal

Are there any online retailers for Fisher? I have found some decent deals but none of them can ship. Where's a good place online to buy Fisher bikes?

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyB.
    Are there any online retailers for Fisher? I have found some decent deals but none of them can ship. Where's a good place online to buy Fisher bikes?
    No online sales allowed
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Great. Raping by the LbS is my only option. Guess I wont be buying a Fisher afterall.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyB.
    Great. Raping by the LbS is my only option. Guess I wont be buying a Fisher afterall.
    How much did they quote you? MSRP is around $1600, but most Fisher dealers will sell at "suggested retail" which is a bit lower.

Which brings up another point: there are a lot of Fisher dealers in the Baltimore/Washington area. If one won't sell it to you at suggested retail, try the to the next. If you put in the effort you can probably find a good deal, possibly on a discounted '09 model too

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    They've got them listed at $1599 and wont budge a bit. I can't even negotiate a different set of tires, or a discount on tires or a set of pedals. They had a couple of '09 models but they're the same price. Had an '08 Cobia that they said was marked down by $200.

That's a good point, I will just start traveling around to some other dealers and talking to them.

mtbr member
    I don't know what size you need,but I just saw a GF X-Cal not make its reserve on E-bay. The seller might relist it so keep watching. I think the reason it didn't make reserve is because he had those huge bar-ends on it. Makes the bike look 90's. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    thanks for the heads up. I sent a message to the seller but haven't heard back yet. We'll see.

Ebo
    mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    No warranty if you buy one used. For this reason I bought my 08 Rig new for 10% off. Just in case the frame ever breaks, and it could, I will be covered.