Thread: Wool Socks

mtbr member
    Jul 2006

Wool Socks

Wool blend actually, very nice and comfy. Rockport brand at Costco, and they are in various colors. 1/4 crew just covers the ankle). Four pairs for $12.99.

Fred

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Cool thanks!

mtbr member

Thanks

I picked some up earlier. They are very Comfy!
    '03 Giant Yukon

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by RagerXS View Post
    Wool blend actually, very nice and comfy. Rockport brand at Costco, and they are in various colors. 1/4 crew just covers the ankle). Four pairs for $12.99.

Fred
    They are also doing this promo, at least, at some local stores! Take it

mtbr member
    Oct 2003

these socks wear quickly

they wear down right at the ball of your foot, on the part of the sock just before the seam to the toe piece...mine lasted under 1 year (of repeated use)...

banned
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by RagerXS View Post
    *********************l/QK4EL[/IMG]

Fred
    Thanks for the heads up
    Last edited by gridtalker; 11-15-2012 at 05:41 AM.

mtbr member
    bought 8 pairs - good socks!

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    I'm a huge fan of the Marino wool. I bought one pair 7 years ago at $12. Now I have multiple pairs. Definitely my favorite sock to wear.

Trail Ninja
    There are Pearl Izumi wool socks at JensonUSA for $5, last I saw. Not sure if it's a blend or mostly wool, but it seems to be relatively thin and dense for a wool sock, of medium weight, and mid ankle height. Reminds me more of a Smart Wool PhD sock, than a DeFeet Woolie Boolie or Darn Tough sock. The type of wool likely ain't as high quality as Smart Wool's micro merino wool that's specially spun in advanced ways, but it is Pearl Izumi and it's a $13 originally (also looks good and is 5 star rated).

Pearl Izumi Tour Wool Sock > Apparel > Shoes and Footwear > Socks | Jenson USA Online Bike Shop

Was hanging out at JensonUSA and saw how one guy buying 4 triggered a few others into buying 'em. Real nice socks. Wonder how they'd work for me, despite living in a desert valley.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Most socks that you see that say Merino on them are blends. The wool fabric itself doesn't like to stretch and form to your foot (unless it was incredibly tight). Most are made with some lycra/spandex/nylon blend.

That said, any wool is good wool. I have several different merino blend socks, some smartwool, some off brand. Wool regulates temperature very well, even in hot weather, so go for it if you can get a good price. I never looked back after my first pair.