Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    mtbr member

Wiggle deal on Hope pro 2 evo wheels

I just thought I would post what I think is a great deal on Hope Pro 2 evo wheels from Wiggle. I purchased the set for $332.40 as they are 21% off right now and use code 10-off for an extra 10% off.

Bicycle Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by 06DODGECTD View Post
    I just thought I would post what I think is a great deal on Hope Pro 2 evo wheels from Wiggle. I purchased the set for $332.40 as they are 21% off right now and use code 10-off for an extra 10% off.
    Nice! Thanks.
    The unexamined life is not worth living - Socrates
    Bearded Women Racing

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Thanks for the heads up. Just picked up some Fulcrum Red Power 29XL for $244 shipped. Lowest price found by FAR.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by 06DODGECTD View Post
    Next time you order from across the pond check with your bank or credit union about paying in their currency . My credit union charges 1% of the sale but saves me an extra 7-9% depending on the bike shop.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    huh, the 10-off deosn't seem to work for me.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    yes, it did not like my 10-off code either...stilla good price tho

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jstuhlman View Post
    yes, it did not like my 10-off code either...stilla good price tho
    It just worked for me 20 minutes ago.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    just tried 10-off and worked fine.
    maybe you need to be signed in?

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ddouble518 View Post
    just tried 10-off and worked fine.
    maybe you need to be signed in?
    Meh, I signed in, cleared my cart, restarted my computer, reselected my wheel, tried the code again, wiggle hates me

mtbr member
    May 2011
    The code only works on orders over 100 British Pounds.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Thanks for the heads up. Just picked up some Fulcrum Red Power 29XL for $244 shipped. Lowest price found by FAR.
    Great wheels. Handmade in Italy. I got them two weeks ago.However I regret getting Hope Pro 2 Evo wheels. I did not expect the freehub to be so weak.
    “You can always count on Americans to do the right thing - after they've tried everything else.”

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrickK View Post
    Great wheels. Handmade in Italy. I got them two weeks ago.However I regret getting Hope Pro 2 Evo wheels. I did not expect the freehub to be so weak.
    How do you like them? I've only had Alu spokes on my road bike but these seem beefy enough.

mtbr member
    I did not expect the freehub to be so weak.
    Can you define 'weak' please?

I don't see many reliability issues on Hope hubs, if you're blowing up freehubs it might be worth contacting Hope about it.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    They are back to 10% off, still a good deal with the coupon...

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    I ordered one of the flow front wheels. They come with QR and 20mm adapters, and I need 15mm. So, if anyone's in the same boat and ordered one of the lighter rims, but needs 20mm then pm me and let's trade.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Thanks for the code, ordered a Surly fork and Deore crankset, free shipping and 10 off.
    Hot damn.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Fix the Spade View Post
    Can you define 'weak' please?

I don't see many reliability issues on Hope hubs, if you're blowing up freehubs it might be worth contacting Hope about it.
    Hi Fix,

I was referring to the durability of a freehub body. It is very weak/fragile. After 100 miles on asphalt with Sram PG-990 it looks bad. I am 6'1" and weigh 164 pounds.The wheels roll smooth and bearings seem to be good but there are some other minor issues. Firstly, the rim tape is of poor quality. Secondly, the wheels came with no skewers. Thirdly, a piece of metal came loose inside the rim. It is used during the assembly and was not secured properly. I contacted Hope and they said to use some super glue. I understand it can be fixed but I paid almost $400 for these wheels so I would expect a better quality. I will see how they hold up after 1000 miles and pass judgement.

Thank you.
    “You can always count on Americans to do the right thing - after they've tried everything else.”

mtbr member
    May 2011
    All I can say is this is my first order with Wiggle and I just received my wheels on a Saturday 3 days after I ordered with free shipping. HUGE ups ti wiggle. I will def order again with that kind of turn around!!!

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Hi Fix,

I was referring to the durability of a freehub body. It is very weak/fragile. After 100 miles on asphalt with Sram PG-990 it looks bad. I am 6'1" and weigh 164 pounds.The wheels roll smooth and bearings seem to be good but there are some other minor issues. Firstly, the rim tape is of poor quality. Secondly, the wheels came with no skewers. Thirdly, a piece of metal came loose inside the rim. It is used during the assembly and was not secured properly. I contacted Hope and they said to use some super glue. I understand it can be fixed but I paid almost $400 for these wheels so I would expect a better quality. I will see how they hold up after 1000 miles and pass judgement.

Thank you.
    +1 on the freehub body. Any T6 freehub with 15 degrees of engagement is going to have this problem, not just hopes. Mine got chewed up because I was stupid, my cassette had a steel carrier but I know the pg-990 has an alloy carrier so I am suprised yours got chewed already.

mtbr member
    All I can say is this is my first order with Wiggle and I just received my wheels on a Saturday 3 days after I ordered with free shipping. HUGE ups ti wiggle. I will def order again with that kind of turn around!!!
    I was thinking the exact same thing. I ordered on Wednesday and received them today. Now that's what I call expedited shipping!!

mtbr member
    Hi Fix,

Thank you.
    Let me guess, Mavic EX721 rims?

I had the same thing happen on my Hope Pro 2/EX721 wheel combo that I bought from wiggle last year. Quick search online yielded the same result, took the tape off and applied some Crazy Glue, and it was fixed. Never rattled again, with lots of abusive riding.
    And it turns out it's a common thing with at least Mavic rims.

As for the quality, this season I'm on Sun-Ringle Charger Expert 29er wheelset that I paid $300 for, came with skewers, complete Stan's kit to go tubeless, tape already applied and I'm loving them. For my riding, I see no difference in quality between the two to be honest with you and I paid $400+ for my Hopes. And the Sun-Ringle freehub is almost as loud as the Hope, one thing I didn't want to give up lol.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by eurospek View Post
    Let me guess, Mavic EX721 rims?

I had the same thing happen on my Hope Pro 2/EX721 wheel combo that I bought from wiggle last year. Quick search online yielded the same result, took the tape off and applied some Crazy Glue, and it was fixed. Never rattled again, with lots of abusive riding.
    And it turns out it's a common thing with at least Mavic rims.

As for the quality, this season I'm on Sun-Ringle Charger Expert 29er wheelset that I paid $300 for, came with skewers, complete Stan's kit to go tubeless, tape already applied and I'm loving them. For my riding, I see no difference in quality between the two to be honest with you and I paid $400+ for my Hopes. And the Sun-Ringle freehub is almost as loud as the Hope, one thing I didn't want to give up lol.

No, Stan's Crest. I heard good things about those Charger wheels.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Wiggle has always been good to me - fast shipping and great prices.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Wow, ordered on the 25th, delivered in Canada on the 30th. And I didn't pay the expedited fee.
    I'll order again from them.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Slash5 View Post
    Wow, ordered on the 25th, delivered in Canada on the 30th. And I didn't pay the expedited fee.
    I'll order again from them.
    I

I concur. They are as good as Chainreactioncycles.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast