mtbr member
    Jan 2007

Wiggle.com- caveat emptor

I placed an order for a set of Hope Hoops 29er wheels on Wiggle.com a three weeks ago. The prices were outstanding, and almost $250 less than comparable prices here in the US. Being a UK shop, my credit card company initially declined the purchase, so that took a day to straighten out (not Wiggles fault), plus the shipping via Parcelforce who would not leave the package without a signature, but eventually the wheelset arrived two weeks later. When I opened the box, they had shipped one 29er wheel and one 26" wheel- it was clearly marked on the box, so the mistake is unforgivable (it says Mavic 717 26" XC, the correct one says Stan's Crest 29" XC). Trying to return the wheel for exchange has been a chore. A week of back and forth e-mails (no replies on weekends, plus the 6 hour time difference) and I am still waiting to have the wheel picked up. I could ship it on my own dime and possibly get a credit for the shipping, but I'm a little hesitant to do that. It looks like it will be another week before the wheel gets picked up, and then another two weeks or so before I get the replacement. In short;

-great prices on Hope products- if you have patience, it is worth it
    -cordial if somewhat slow customer service
    -very long turnaround on mistakes made in shipping

mtbr member
    Jul 2007

The same thing happened to me.

The savings is not worth the trouble IMO.

They actually made these type of mistakes with a few of my orders.

I would return the item ASAP, and get a credit. Otherwise, you'll be waiting a while.

Like you said, slow customer service and long turn-around times.

Good luck!
    "I can only assume chan slap is what happens when you get assaulted by Jackie Chan. I don't think anybody can prevent that."

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    They are wankers when it comes to shipping Hope wheels. I ordered straight pull Crests 29er last year and they sent me regular ones...
    “You can always count on Americans to do the right thing - after they've tried everything else.”

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    FedEx finally picked up the wheel today to transfer it to Parcelforce. We'll see what happens next. I'm not very optimistic. Even if all goes well, it will be almost 8 weeks start to finish on this wheel set.