Thread: Wiggle

mtbr member
    May 2009

Wiggle

poor, atrocious, arrogant, incompetent, all synonyms for wiggle.

sent the wrong shoes, this happens, can you hold the right shoes yours are in the post.
    answer, no we wont hold the last pair of the shoes you ordered, we want ours back first. you are kidding? no.

no surprises, 3 days later when the pair i returned arrived at wiggle. sold out.

as part of that order, some sram bb30 bearings were ordered. in stock on the site. no, not in stock. no body else has stock, so i wait.. good news a month later, they have stock and are sending them my way. so it arrives today. sram bb30 bearings....no way, bbb pulleys!!!! WTF is that. so i email. no "we will sort that" just send us a photo of our stuff. 3 emails later they still have not said anything about my bearings.

do not buy from wiggle.
    ever

mtbr member
    i got pro 2 evo hubs from them crazy cheap, free shipping to us, all in 5 days, no problem

Ow!
    Well, this may be a case of an order going bad, and the company doesn't handle bad things well.

Similar to the previous reply, I ordered a Hope hub and 20mm conversion from Wiggle. Very inexpensive. Received the hub in AZ within a week. The conversion was sent out the next day (even though I told them to wait for the complete order because I wasn't in a hurry). It took about 3 weeks to get the conversion--suspect Customs hold up.

But I didn't really have a problem with the order. I did have a problem with an order from CRC recently. Very poor customer service--arrogant, possibly dishonest. But many people never have a problem with CRC.

I think all sellers will let somebody down sometime, though the op seems to have had a series of bad events. And having to deal with returns through customs and across the big ocean compounds the problem.

mtbr member
    I have placed several orders with them over the years, I've never had a problem.

In fact, I'll be ordering some road stuff from them shortly.

I like Wiggle.
    Mike
    Toronto, Canada
    2014 Giant TCX SLR2
    2013 Trek Stache 8
    2011 Giant Defy Advanced 0

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    I've had a couple of issues with Wiggle - out of about 10 orders, 2 have been messed up in some way... not a good strike rate.

When I requested a replacement for something they admitted had been "lost" in transit, I was told I had to wait for 21 working days after my initial order shipped before they would consider sending a replacement - it ended up taking nearly 6 weeks for me to get my order.

I thought the CS was poor, and don't shop there any longer - the better CS at CRC is often worth the extra few bucks.

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶[$̲̅(̲̅ιοο̲̅)$]

Nothing but positive experiences for me

I used Wiggle a couple times with no complaints. My last order was a brake caliper that was out of stock but I received a notification from them that the item was backordered and to let them know if I wanted to cancel or wait for the restock. Since it was a great deal and free shipping to the US, I decided to wait. I received another notification when the item was restocked and shipped out to me.

Pretty good customer service from my perspective. I will definitely be using them again
    Last edited by MondoRides; 08-25-2011 at 09:28 AM.

banned
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by awetdog View Post
    poor, atrocious, arrogant, incompetent, all synonyms for wiggle.

sent the wrong shoes, this happens, can you hold the right shoes yours are in the post.
    answer, no we wont hold the last pair of the shoes you ordered, we want ours back first. you are kidding? no.

no surprises, 3 days later when the pair i returned arrived at wiggle. sold out.

as part of that order, some sram bb30 bearings were ordered. in stock on the site. no, not in stock. no body else has stock, so i wait.. good news a month later, they have stock and are sending them my way. so it arrives today. sram bb30 bearings....no way, bbb pulleys!!!! WTF is that. so i email. no "we will sort that" just send us a photo of our stuff. 3 emails later they still have not said anything about my bearings.

do not buy from wiggle.
    ever

I have used them many times and never had any real issues with them

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    I have ordered Hope Hoops pro 2 EVO SP Crest 29er wheels but I have received a regular version. I specifically requested a straight pull version which is more expensive. I wish people would pay more attention when sending out packages. It seems I am going to have to send the wheels back but as it is a SP version is out of stock. )-:
    “You can always count on Americans to do the right thing - after they've tried everything else.”

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    It is not going well. I think wiggle wants to rip me off again. Not only they sent the wrong wheels but they are unwilling to refund me the difference. They offered a $30 coupon towards further purchases while the difference is $45.

They said I already got a discount when ordering. Well, you idiots had coupons available which I obviously used. I just do not understand some companies.
    “You can always count on Americans to do the right thing - after they've tried everything else.”

mtbr member
    Are you sending them back? Are you in the USA? I can imagine that UPS bill.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by eurospek View Post
    Are you sending them back? Are you in the USA? I can imagine that UPS bill.
    Yea, I am in New York. If I got the right wheels the problem would not exist. Straight pull means straight pull not j-bend spokes. I try to keep it civilized but I feel like I am getting .....

They have to pay shipping charges since it is the wrong item. Bunch of wankers.

namagomi
    So far, all 3 of my orders went smoothly.

Dealing with returns to these places sucks, chainreaction flat out said they wouldn't give me a RMA code for a rim that was mislabelled. The error was even in my favour.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    I have got my $45.06 back. I guess I can live with Hope Hoops Pro2 Evo ZTR Crest 29er for $360.