mtbr member
    May 2011

Why I will continue to give competitive cyclist my money

A couple weeks back I ordered the XTR trail wheelset from competitivecyclist.com. At the time they were $550 + shipping. They very next day after placing my order they had a free shipping offer. I expected nothing but I decided to use their live chat feature to see if they could help me out. Sure enough the refunded me my shipping cost, totally amazing and unexpected. I was about to order a few more items last week and had a question, so I powered up their live chat again. While queuing up for the live chat I noticed that the wheelset and gone on sale even further to $499. After my questions were answered I tried to push my luck again so see if they could help me out on the new sale price. Sure enough I got another credit for the price difference. WOW!!!

Needless to say I was/am completely floored by competitivecyclist.com customer service and I can't wait to give them more of my money!

Thank you guys and keep up the good work
    Last edited by ryansod; 05-04-2012 at 06:02 PM.

GAME ON!
    it's funny now that we give companies credit for doing things they should be doing.
    RIP Adam Yauch

"M.C. for what I AM and do, the A is for Adam and the lyrics; true"

mtbr member
    Companies are under no obligation to give someone the the price of something today that they bought yesterday or before. Is it good business? Sure, but that doesn't mean that they "should" do it. If the manufacturer is giving them a kick-back today that doesn't apply to yesterday's sales then why should they offer the same deal.
    "Like" the Brewery Ommegang facebook team page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Team-...18356588347806

Ow!
    Yeah, I do not expect sellers to refund because the price lowered since purchase, but it is a good way to develop committed buyers. Seems most of the popular companies have fairly liberal return, price matching, and price protection policies.

is turning a big gear
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by saturnine View Post
    it's funny now that we give companies credit for doing things they should be doing.
    Competitive cyclist bends over backwards to provide awesome customer service. They deserve credit and the rep.
    Get it unlocked.

mtbr member
    CC has done a great job with me as well.

mtbr member
    A couple of months ago I ordered a pair of Mavic Fury shoes for $150 dollars. The next day they went on sale for $125. They adjusted the price for me. Jenson is cool too.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    i'd prefer they just put a fair price on the item rather than me have to constantly watch for sales and feel like a cheapskate badgering them for money off. If they're giving you free shipping AND $50 off, then it must have been overpriced in the first place. Just my opinion...
    whatever...

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    $550.00 plus shipping for an XTR wheelset is an excellent price.
    $499.00 with free shipping is fantastic.
    Next lowest price I could find was Bike Nashbar @ $799.00
    Most wanted over 1K.

I ordered form CC and had my wheelset within a couple of days.

Five is right out
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by saturnine View Post
    In what parallel universe should companies be retroactively re-writing contracts with buyers?

It's great that CC did this, because it wasn't their obligation- they went out of their way to be generous.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by steadite View Post
    i'd prefer they just put a fair price on the item rather than me have to constantly watch for sales and feel like a cheapskate badgering them for money off. If they're giving you free shipping AND $50 off, then it must have been overpriced in the first place. Just my opinion...
    completely agree, I feel like Jenson's prices aren't too great either.

is turning a big gear
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by steadite View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kbrodie View Post
    completely agree, I feel like Jenson's prices aren't too great either.
    Not sure where overpriced comes into the conversation when we are talking about a $500 XTR wheelset with free shipping. Just sayin'.

That's a sweet deal. Those wheels sell for twice as much elsewhere.
    Get it unlocked.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by limba View Post
    A couple of months ago I ordered a pair of Mavic Fury shoes for $150 dollars. The next day they went on sale for $125. They adjusted the price for me. Jenson is cool too.
    Same thing happened to me a few weeks ago. Bought a 159 piece and 2 days later is was on for 139, they just made if 139 for me! Props CC!

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    I've had JensonUSA do similar things for me. Once purchased a crankset at ~$90 and saw it on sale later with free shipping for $85. They refunded me the difference.

mtbr member
    CC is great to deal with and their blowout sale items are priced awesome.

Bought my ASR7 frame, it dropped $150 bucks. Called 2 weeks later and no questions asked they gave me the difference in credit which I needed to buy a headset anyway!

Wish there was more sale items I need