viva la v-brakes!

why are eggbeaters so cheap on eBay?

Shopping for some new Crankbrothers pedals, I thought I would check ebay to see if I could score a deal on something lightly used, and I was SHOCKED at how cheap new Eggbeaters are on ebay. The Eggbeater 3's I'm shopping for are selling for $73 from several sellers, retail they cost $120. The 11's, the all Ti model, costs $225 on eBay, $425 retail! These are new pedals, in the box!

So what gives? Seems too good to be true. Any chance these are counterfeit parts like some of Ritchey, FSA and Hope products that have shown up on eBay in the past? If not, I feel like a sucker for buying a set of these retail last fall.
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    I have a car. I made a choice. I ride my bike.

mtbr member
    You're a sucker if you buy ANYTHING at retail these days. A little shopping around and price matching will always get you a better deal. I bet you could find eggbeaters at similar prices from other dealers outside of ebay.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Beware, look at the Thomson stems that people got off ebay.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    with the crankbrothers looking pedals available on dealextreme i wouldn't be surprised there are some 'factory direct' or knockoff pedals being sold on ebay.

that being said, sometimes the discount retailers have those pedals cheaper so that pricing you found isn't unheard of.

Bandit 29 FTW!!!
    I ordered some off of eBay recently and they work great. Be picky about the seller and you will get a good product.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Yeah. The profit margins on ebay are so small because of all the competition and no middle man to take a piece of the pie that you can save yourself plenty of money.

I strong would recommend against buying any kind of bike parts that arent located in the USA though. You will see Ritchey carbon stems for like 50 bucks but they are located in Hong Kong.. instantly smells fishy to me.

Look for reputable sellers and if it comes back and doesnt live up to your standards. SEND IT BACK!

viva la v-brakes!
    For the record, these resellers were in the US, OK and UT I believe.
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    I have a car. I made a choice. I ride my bike.