mtbr member
    Feb 2007

Who ships to APO?

Hello, I am new to the world of mountain biking and am trying to buy a 2007 Jamis Ranger SX 2.0 as my frist bike for mostly trail riding. The only problem is, I cannot find anyone that will ship to an APO address. I am in Germany so this is my only option. Bike prices are inflated over here so buying on the local economy is real rip-off. I appreciate any and all help!

Thanks in advance,
    Tim

No, that's not phonetic
    There is a shop in Colorado I buy a lot of my stuff though called Mountain High Cyclery. Larry, the owner, is a super nice guy and will ship pretty much anything, anywhere. His prices are excellent and I am pretty sure he is a Jamis dealer. His email is mtnhighcyclery@comcast.net He is busy and it may take a day or two for him to reply, but send him a message explaining what you need.
    My video techniques can be found in this thread.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    I am also an American in Germany. I agree shop prices are higher than US. If you're looking for high-end stuff, you can find deals on ebay.de.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Where exactly are you EuroMack? I live in Kaiserslautern over by Ramstein AFB/Landstuhl. I just decided to buy from a bike store on post that sells Kona. I should be picking up a Kona Blast in the next week or so.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    I'm in Trier, not so far from K-Town. I was Army, but now civilian engineer in the car business. E-mail me mem4720 at gmail. Maybe we can ride some time. I'm out of shape and haven't done serious trail riding in years, but I ride in town every day so may survive a couple hours

Remember, prices in German shops include 19% tax! If you do the right paperwork, you can get a refund:
    http://www.germany.info/relaunch/inf...es/taxeng.html

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    What kind of engineer are you? My wife is an Electrical Engineer and has been looking for a job since we have been in Germany. You wouldnt happen to have any job opportunities for an EE would you? She is teaching math at Vogelweh High School right now but would LOVE the chance to work in her career field again. Any help is appreciated

Thanks,
    Tim

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    I don't know of anything off hand, but send a resume to mem4720 at gmail and I'll circulate it. I am a ME/EE working mostly on robotic welding and assembly of cars. My company is FANUC Robotics. See www.fanucrobotics.com for US or www.fanucrobotics.lu for Europe.

Mack M.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Resume sent I checked out the website and the company looks pretty cool. If you dont mind me asking, how did you find employment at this company? I know a lot of businesses like to hire retired military so I was curious to know if this was one of them. Or, is this your own company?

Thanks,
    Tim

mtbr member
    Speegoat does a great job of sending stuff to APO addresses. If the order is more than 100USD they ship for free.

Marty (in Heidelberg)

HowtoOverthrowtheSystem
    Jan 2004

Sg

for Speedgoat and Webcyclery also. They have always helped me out when I lived in Italy and had an APO.

Combat Wombat

Unless noted otherwise....

Quote Originally Posted by WRX2ning
    Hello, I am new to the world of mountain biking and am trying to buy a 2007 Jamis Ranger SX 2.0 as my frist bike for mostly trail riding. The only problem is, I cannot find anyone that will ship to an APO address. I am in Germany so this is my only option. Bike prices are inflated over here so buying on the local economy is real rip-off. I appreciate any and all help!

Thanks in advance,
    Tim
    I think most catalog and online stores will ship APO. I know exactly what you are dealing with, I was stationed at NAS Sigonella, Sicily from 1989 to 1992. Mountainbikes were very hard to find on the local economy and when you did find them, the prices were unreal. I ordered my first mountainbike from Bikeology, which is now Supergo.

Brian

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Thanks for all the recc's