Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

where to order saddles from that I can return?

1K views 17 replies 17 participants last post by  shopcat_cycles 
#1 ·
I was going to order a saddle from artscyclery but the policy says the return can't show any signs of installation. usually the saddle rails get marked. I know specialized website allows 30 days to return a used saddle. I'd be limted to specialized of course. I wanted to try the selle flite flow.

#7 ·
thanks, ordered from performance. their return policy doesn't require unused items. they had 15% off all items today only. bought the Selle Italia SL Flow performance exclusive. $70 less than the flite flow. hopefully its good.

#3 ·
One of the big retailers used to have a deal where they would send you a box of like 10 test saddles for a small fee. Then you'd get some of that money back on the purchase of a new saddle after you sent back the demos. I was looking for it a while ago but didn't find it. I think it might have been speedgoat back when they were cool.

#12 ·
Love the return policies lately, after working retail for many years I will say and I did fall into the category if you are one of those people doing the 3 day test ride weekend return thing, its sad but you will get black listed by the employees at said store. I will admit when I worked retail at a store we did have quite a few customers known as the returners /cork sucking dillbos, trust me there is no better way to not get service then to be that guy that buys and returns. Maybe its from working retail but i have become more conditioned to researching a product and buying it if it doesnt work then Craigslist/ebay it even for a loss my view is i tried it, it didnt work out oh well. Just like a car it looses value as soon as you purchase it. Cant take that new caddy off the lot beat the **** out of it for 6 months and get your money back. Return to a store is a last resort option for me.

#16 ·
I've been in a few LBSs that have a saddle program that allows you to basically exchange the saddle until you/they get it right. They work hard to find the right one for you. I know that buying online is often cheaper (sometimes MUCH cheaper), but there are times when it can be wise to pay for good CS. If you have a good LBS, support them!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.