mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Where for Kuat NV or Thule T2?

Wow, racks are expensive. These are both over $400. Im trying to find the lowest price, even used if can.

Anyone?
    We Ride In God's Country!

mtbr member
    If you're spending that much money on a rack, might as well get the 1UP USA Quick Rack and be the last rack that you will ever need.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Discount Truck & Car Racks from ORS Racks Direct: Yakima Racks - Thule Racks - Roof Racks Bike Racks Kayak Canoe Surfboard Snowboard Ski Carriers

Use coupon code extra10 to get another 10% off.
    I just ordered a Thule T2 for $356 with free shipping.

mtbr member
    Check this forum, looks like stripes has one he trying to sell
    http://forums.mtbr.com/california-no...ml#post9584558

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by eurospek View Post
    If you're spending that much money on a rack, might as well get the 1UP USA Quick Rack and be the last rack that you will ever need.
    I'll second that. Have had mine for a couple of months now and have nothing but praise for it. Worth a consideration and its made in the USA.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Can the Quick Racks hold two bikes? I've only seen the 1 bike racks. About how much are those

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by myitch View Post
    Can the Quick Racks hold two bikes? I've only seen the 1 bike racks. About how much are those
    Ya thats the thing with 1ups, $600 (in black) to hold 2 bikes is steep and maybe the most expensive out there. But if you are looking for lite, compact in use and storage, easy to mount, easy to use I think its the only choice out there no other rack compares. But like i said in my review if you have a class2/3 hitch (i don't), have room to store a t2 (i didn't), don't mind the weight get the t2, they work fine and are a lot cheaper.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by myitch View Post
    I paid $499 for my 2 bike setup for a 1 1/4" hitch. Money well spent and doesn't leave you wanting upgrading like with other mtb components and parts.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I got my Kuat rack (the smaller Sherpa) from Universal Cycles and used the VIP15 for 15% off plus they have free shipping. It looks like prices have gone up significantly though. The Kuat racks are very nice, but they're expensive any way you cut it.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Dang, the prices went up!! In this economy and they're raising prices!!!???

Forget it. I'm going to DIY a bed rack out of PVC. Plus if someone rear ends me, the bikes will be safer in the bed of my truck. Of course, a bed rack will only work if there's space back there after loading cargo in the bed.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    There are lots of cheaper options if you have a truck. A bed rack out of PVC or wood is cheap and easy to re-work. Your other option is to buy a generic hitch mounted cargo tray, and build your own rack. Something like this:

Hitch Cargo Carriers - Flatbed Receiver Mounted Cargo Platforms

I have a friend who did that and it works quite well. As long as you're handy with modifying stuff yourself, its a great option.

mtbr member
    Check Craigslist also. I picked up a Yakima Hold up this summer that was like new for $125. Sometimes there are some great deals.
    Will Miss You Tessa
    RIP Wild Bill

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by gabe0807 View Post
    There are lots of cheaper options if you have a truck. A bed rack out of PVC or wood is cheap and easy to re-work. Your other option is to buy a generic hitch mounted cargo tray, and build your own rack. Something like this:

Hitch Cargo Carriers - Flatbed Receiver Mounted Cargo Platforms

I have a friend who did that and it works quite well. As long as you're handy with modifying stuff yourself, its a great option.
    Yeah I thought of doing this exact thing. U-Haul has a rack like these. This way I could see what it's like before I buy and modify. If you had some pics that would be great. It wouldn't be very difficult to do though and waaaaay cheaper than the Kuat or Thule