Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Where the hell are all the cheap 26er frames?

3K views 16 replies 13 participants last post by  krazychowmein 
#1 ·
I'm looking for a good quality new medium 26er frame for <$1300. I saw an SB66 for $1050 a little while ago and didn't get to it in time. Something like that deal would be great.

Anybody seen anything?

#12 ·
Bikewagon has Mavic Crosstrails for $350 (total weight is 1668g). The rear is 10mm QR but the front is 15mm TA; however, you can then get the QR15 to 9mm QR adapters for the front wheel for $16.90 from BikeTiresDirect.com. These are UST tubeless too so you don't have to dick around with rim tape, sealant, and all that mess if you don't feel like it.

I have a set of these on my 2014 SC Chameleon and really like them. I was thinking about getting another set but I have feeling the 2015 Mavic Crossmax SLs will be going for dirt cheap in the fall.

Attachments

#6 ·
Check steep and cheap .com instead of waiting for chainlove to have the sb66 in medium. They are the same site. Last i saw on steep and cheap they had 8 out of 8, so it will come back.

I always wonder whats wrong with 2013 sb66 to cause so many left over

#7 ·
2014 sb66 has carbon rear triangle, 2013 did not....making it almost a pound heavier.

People are still buying the 26 frames out there, so they are not dropping prices drastically. Can probably find decent deals on 29ers too.

I don't even see mass amounts of people selling 26 used either. And if they are, not very discounted.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.