Tad
    enormous member
    Jan 2004

Upset Where to get help? (being screwed by online shop)

I'm being given the run around by a well-known U.S. online retailer and my emails just aren't having any effect, so I'm looking for some outside help. I put in an order almost 2 months ago. The shop said some items were backordered so it would take a few extra days. That was fine, but days have turned in to weeks and they either don't respond or give me the same message.

I could just give up, but it pisses me off that they aren't honouring their promise, i.e. to deliver the goods at the prices advertised! Unfortunately, I'm not in the U.S. Is there anything I can do? Is there any consumer rights tribunal that deals with online problems? Anyone had any similar experiences?

No good in rock gardens..
    Name the name.
    My Cannondale Lefty keeps failing....

mtbr member
    May 2006
    I never ever back order stuff. Try returning the back order goods on the account manager if they have one.

mtbr member
    If you paid with a credit card, just call your cc company and have them deal with it.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by slcdawg
    If you paid with a credit card, just call your cc company and have them deal with it.
    Call online shop one more time. Let them know you are going to call the credit card company. Be nice about it.
    Then call credit card company. That will solve your problem.

Nothing here
    Have you tried calling? If you used a credit card they might be able to help. I would just cancel the order and go with somebody else.

100% recycled
    Performance stalled and stalled my 20% off international order, until I found a cheaper price on ebay.
    If you are in Australia, or anywhere else with expensive parts, dont recommend Performance or whatever site you are having trouble with to friends. Performance is going to lose several thousand dollars worth of gear sales from friends that I now recommend going elsewhere.

Doesntplaywellwithmorons!
    Lemme guess... Beyond Bikes.
    I don't post to generate business for myself or make like I'm better than sliced bread

Tad
    enormous member
    Jan 2004
    Lemme guess... Beyond Bikes.
    Actually, no. It's a shop with a better reputation

Well, the thing is, they haven't taken my money (afaik), they have just ignored my order, probably because I used a discount and their advertised prices were not up to date, i.e. too low.

I never ever back order stuff.
    What's wrong with backordering??

I'll give the shop a phone call, though god knows it'll be expensive (calling from Japan). Thanks for all your suggestions. Keep you posted on the developments. If they really are screwing with me, I'll let you know which company it is!!

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Two issues, never had great luck with price and delivery so I gave up.

and this when they supplier can reset his pricing etc. Then you either suck-up or fight the battle.

Life is to short.

56-year-old teenager
    Aug 2006
    Sometimes the retailer is at the mercy of the manufacturer. If it's a low-volume item, it might be a while before the mfr. does another run of them.

Also, it's been my experience that email is very often a bad way to get in touch with customer service. Few retailers do email well.

flow where ever you go

Give it up....

Quote Originally Posted by Tad
    Actually, no. It's a shop with a better reputation

Well, the thing is, they haven't taken my money (afaik), they have just ignored my order, probably because I used a discount and their advertised prices were not up to date, i.e. too low.
    You admit it was probably a mistake that you got a good price...and... they don't have your money. They don't want to lose money do they? They owe you nothing I think. If you call, maybe they will honor their mistake, but I wouldn't hold it against them if they don't. Even with the best shops, email often does not work well. Who knows, maybe it goes to a spam file, or maybe they get too many to handle over more pressing business like people in the store or on the phone.