mtbr member

Where to get bulk cable housing and cables from?

Looking to buy some good derailleur cable housing and cables somewhere. I like the Jagwire and Shimano SIS stuff. Can anyone recommend a good place to get it in bulk?

Thanks

mtbr member
    I've had good luck with galvanized Alligator parts. Usually buy from Pricepoint.com

mtbr member
    I've bought in bulk from both Speedgoat and Jenson. Both carry the so-called "fileboxes" of housing and cable. Sometimes I have to go to one or the other site to get what I want.

Speedgoat has a decent sale going on right now on non-bulk, Jagwire Stainless cables. Not sure whether that extends to any of the bulk stuff.

mtbr member
    I've used both JensonUSA and aebike.com with good success. Cables, housing, ferrules and crimps. I think most of the stuff has been Jagwire. I use the derailleur housing with the L3 lining in it. And the ferrules that have the tiny rubber seal. This combination seems to keep things running smooth for a longer period. You can also order the little brake cable hose clamps if you've lost those.

banned
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Yody
    Looking to buy some good derailleur cable housing and cables somewhere. I like the Jagwire and Shimano SIS stuff. Can anyone recommend a good place to get it in bulk?

Thanks
    Pricepoint or ebay

Kaishingo
    Pricepoint stuff is crap, unless you go with their name brand options. Their base level alligator kits are about the same quality you'll find at Walmart. Not sure about the snazzier alligator stuff - at that price point, I just stick with the name brands that I know.

I suggest Universal Cycles - most variety, and pretty much straight out of a quality catalog.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by salimoneus
    I've had good luck with galvanized Alligator parts. Usually buy from Pricepoint.com
    Same here, I would just like to add jensonusa and ebay.

mtbr member
    Still haven't found anyting really that special out there, hard to find a solid deal on good stuff.

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    I see ebay has jagwire for like 15 bucks and the seller claims that these ahve brake cables + housing + shifter housing included.
    The cheapest I see in North America is 20+ for either one of them, shifter+housing or brake+housing..

Does anyone have experience buying this stuff from ebay? any recommended sellers?

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    bump?

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Your LBS would probably be more than happy to order you some bulk housing and cables.
    tankpro.org
    IMBA National Mountain Bike Patrol
    southernkettles.org

mtbr member
    Check out LOOSE SCREWS (formerly The Third Hand). They have lots of odd stuff, repair stuff, and old parts. Good resource for keeping older bikes running as well as getting repair/maintenance stuff.

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Ended up ordering a ripcord brake kit + bulk dérailleur housing from Jenson.
    Cheapest prices I could find around.