mtbr member

Where can you get the best deal on a Cannondale?

I have been looking at the LBS and online and ebay seems to have the best prices. I would buy new if it was a deal but none of the LBS here will budge on price. Has anyone found a place that carries them online other than ebay? Or should I just go the ebay route?

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Most bike brands don't sell over the internet, included are Cannondale, Trek, Gary Fisher, Specialized, Raleigh, Giant, and more...

mtbr member
    like taikuodo said, most of the bigger bike companies do not allow for their bikes to be sold by online dealers. you can often find good deals on ebay but if you do buy a used bike you will not have a warranty. if you do buy from ebay make sure you do your homework. look for sellers that have lots of feedback, it the seller has more that a few negative feedbacks then dont buy from them. ask the seller as many questions as possible. how long did they own the bike, how was it used, did they upgrade anything, ect.

is there any reason why you are only interested in Cannondale?

Pocket Pool Savant

Rei

Friend got about 1/3 off a crackandfail at REI. They are REALLY good at discounting last years models. But, you gotta ask and be firm!

AJ

Quote Originally Posted by subspd
    I have been looking at the LBS and online and ebay seems to have the best prices. I would buy new if it was a deal but none of the LBS here will budge on price. Has anyone found a place that carries them online other than ebay? Or should I just go the ebay route?
    "Stop smirking. It's irritating" - Judge Judy

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    whats a crackandfail?
    Rei's deals online didn't look too appealing to me.. the specs for the marin vs online competitors weren't up to par.

SlowPokePete

Cool-blue Rhythm

crackandfail=cannondale
    Work. Ride. Eat. Sleep.

Repeat.

Pocket Pool Savant

Technically...

Quote Originally Posted by taikuodo
    whats a crackandfail?
    Rei's deals online didn't look too appealing to me.. the specs for the marin vs online competitors weren't up to par.
    Cannondale's are not supposed to be sold online, so... To get a good deal, you will need to get to an REI and get the bike shop manager dude and look for a last years model. My buddy got a really sweet deal on a Prophet.

And, being from Ct. Crackandfail = Cannondale. Ask finch platte how many rear triangles he went through on his Jekyll. Still a *****in bike, though!

AJ
    "Stop smirking. It's irritating" - Judge Judy

Former Bike Wrench

No good most warrantied bike...IME

In my experience as a bicycle mechanic for 8 years (including being a warranty manager the last two), Cannondale...by far...had more warranty issues than any other company (regardless of volume of bikes sold). Lots of warranties on their proprietary stuff (Headshok, Lefty, their pathetic Coda disc brakes)...not to mention frames.

I personally wouldn't recommend one to anyone

Just a thought

mtbr member
    Funny when I started a thread about what FS bike to look at no one said a negative thing about Cannondale but now that it is in the thread title suddenly everyone is bashing??? This is the first negative info I have gotten... So who do you all recommend? I am looking to find a FS in the $1000 to $1500 and it seems Iron Horse, Specialized and Cannondale all keep coming up...

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    I love my Cdale Rush

Everyone is partial. Ride'em all and buy what YOU like.
    MAC
    Cannondale Rush

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    another for REI. REI occasionally has 20% off all bikes. Got a prophet (current year) for my nephew that way...

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Yep. Love my '01 C-dale hard tail. It's lasted a long time without any issues. I haven't even done any maintance to my HeadShok yet. The Magura brakes are getting replaced this year though as they the new ones have greatly improved feel. Of course, I also use it as it was intended, a XC bike. Some couple feet drops but that's about it.