Village Dirtbag

Where can I find an '06 (or '05) TALAS?

Hi guys. I'm looking for the last model TALAS to save a few bucks and because the new one has too much travel for my bike. Does anybody know where I can find one?

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by @dam
    Hi guys. I'm looking for the last model TALAS to save a few bucks and because the new one has too much travel for my bike. Does anybody know where I can find one?
    If you want to save even more money look at a U-turn Reba or Revelation.

on my 3rd wind...
    Quote Originally Posted by @dam
    Pretty much Ebay or classified...

I am not a fan of '07 either. Too much travel and too big of adj between each travel setting. I know few folks complained about 3mm incremental travel adj but I thought that was the best feature on TALAS fork. I was able to fine tweak bike handling and geometry no mattter which frame and terrain. I never understood people complaining about previous generation TALAS taking too many turns to adj travel. It took me 2 to 3 senconds to adj max-min travel on-the-run. Now it's all gone...
    sth

Village Dirtbag
    Well, I'd actually prefer the new adjustment system- by a lot. It is just what I've been waiting for. I'd be much more practical on the trail. I just need it to top out at 125-130mm instead of 140.

mtbr member
    May 2006

Just ordered a RockShox Revelation

I just placed an order on an '06 RockShox Revelation Air U-Turn 100mm-130mm w/Poploc. They had it as a kit w/a Solos headset, but I asked to purchase without the headset (had a pink Chris King already). If you go the Revelation route, they have them in stock.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Where was that?

mtbr member
    May 2006

I guess it would have made sense to list the company name.

Sorry about that-------you can find the fork at Pricepoint. I should have mine here on Thursday and my bike build will happen this weekend. I can't wait to get the Motolite built!!!

mtbr member
    May 2004

'06 talas

I have the same problem...wanted more travel, but the new talas is just too much. So I picked up this year's at Excel Sports http://www.excelsports.com for $650. It's a great fork, and they still seem to have some available.