mtbr member
    Oct 2005

Where to buy XT M760 Crankset???

Hey guys! Does anyone have any thoughts where I can pick up a new crankset as listed in the title? Everywhere I find it listed for 271.00. I am trying to me my xmas shopping and i have a long list so every penny saved is helpful. Any leads would be greatly appriciated. Thanks much

mtbr member

Crc

Hit up Chain Reaction Cycles.
    click US dollars in the drop down box.
    They have histrically been the cheapest and have great shipping speed.

Do a search for CRC or the XT 760's on the board here and you will find several threads.

Good Luck
    BoiseBoy

No, that's not phonetic
    Shipping from the UK to the US is about $28, so buy a few XT cassettes and other Shimano stuff to make the shipping worthwhile.
    My video techniques can be found in this thread.

banned
    get it on ebay that's were I got mine. I will never order from Chainreaction Cycles again. I was charged $28 for shipping then another $7 for international transaction fee from my credit card company screw that.

mtbr member
    Here it is. Just click on where it says "Market" above the Add To Cart box. It will open up another page allowing you to buy it for $217.55

http://www.jensonusa.com/store/produ...+Crankset.aspx

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by Becane73
    get it on ebay that's were I got mine. I will never order from Chainreaction Cycles again. I was charged $28 for shipping then another $7 for international transaction fee from my credit card company screw that.
    Well the $7 are definitely not CRC's fault, you should know that CC companies charge extra for foreign transactions, you should have just consider it before hand. And as tscheezy says, one should try to get some more stuff to take advantage of the shipment. I get very cheap shipping from CRC to Germany though

Tá mé ar meisce.
    $193.79 shipped to florida USA from CRC. Shipping took about 4 days. overall I am very happy. First ride on the crank is in the morning
    To see what is right, and not to do it, is want of courage or of principle. -- Confucius
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come join me at the Swamp

mtbr member
    Oct 2004

XT crankset

Quote Originally Posted by rocdog
    Hey guys! Does anyone have any thoughts where I can pick up a new crankset as listed in the title? Everywhere I find it listed for 271.00. I am trying to me my xmas shopping and i have a long list so every penny saved is helpful. Any leads would be greatly appriciated. Thanks much
    Try this url:

XT cranks

$189 + $16.95 for shipping. I bot a set and had them in 2 days.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by crisillo
    Well the $7 are definitely not CRC's fault, you should know that CC companies charge extra for foreign transactions, you should have just consider it before hand. And as tscheezy says, one should try to get some more stuff to take advantage of the shipment. I get very cheap shipping from CRC to Germany though
    $7 is their fault because when I paid I paid in U.S. Dollars, I got charged a currency transfer fee. No where on the website does it say I was paying in British currency. I paid over the internet for christ sake. That basically means any site I go to can pretend to charge me in U.S. dollars and charge me in foreign currency and I'll get charged 3% finance fees. That's total B.S.

$7 is their fault because when I paid I paid in U.S. Dollars, I got charged a currency transfer fee. No where on the website does it say I was paying in British currency. I paid over the internet for christ sake. That basically means any site I go to can pretend to charge me in U.S. dollars and charge me in foreign currency and I'll get charged 3% finance fees. That's total B.S.
    You are charge in the currency of the bank that processes the transaction on the store's side, that doesn't mean US dollars for almost any country but the US.

Besides if you look at CRC's shopping cart/basket you find the following text:

Quote Originally Posted by Chain Reaction Cycles Shopping Basket
    Prices billed in GBP UK Pounds (£) Sterling. Currency conversions are approximate. We accept all major credit cards and payment by Sterling Cheque, Postal Orders or Bank Transfers. By Proceeding To Checkout you are confirming that you have read and understood our Terms & Conditions
    So again.. you need to read through... anyway I just wanted to bring it to the attention of any other buyers that there is no scam... one just needs to read the "small letters" when doing an internet transaction.

rockypimp
    Nov 2006
    How about supporting your local bikeshop?? A novel idea isn't it. You may pay 10% more, but you might open a door of opportunity to all your future bike problems and find that there are still some kickin bike shops out there.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    I buy my new bikes and frames from the lbs but this is the "where are the best deals" forum. The best deals are NOT at the local bike shop.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by rockypimp
    How about supporting your local bikeshop?? A novel idea isn't it. You may pay 10% more, but you might open a door of opportunity to all your future bike problems and find that there are still some kickin bike shops out there.
    Hahahaha, now that is a good one!! Supporting your local bike shop is important, and most do when they can, but it's almost never 10% on bigger items such as a crank.

I have 11 shops in my area. The cheapest price for the xt 760 crankset is $271 before 6% tax. Seeing as how you can get the same crankset on ebay often times for $180 delivered or mailorder for less than $200....
    I know, I know. "But who will install it for you??? The shop has the $14 tools..." Which they will charge you labor at $35 a pop.

This could go on and on. 10%, ha!

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Back on topic....has anyone seen the m760 in 700mm anywhere??

700mm or you mean 170mm?

banned
    You are charge in the currency of the bank that processes the transaction on the store's side, that doesn't mean US dollars for almost any country but the US.
    Besides if you look at CRC's shopping cart/basket you find the following text:
    So again.. you need to read through... anyway I just wanted to bring it to the attention of any other buyers that there is no scam... one just needs to read the "small letters" when doing an internet transaction.
    Do you think they could have told me something when I emailed them BEFORE I placed my order? I specifically asked the if there were any other international charges I should be aware of before I placed my order. Since I got charged I emailed them back asking about the exchange fee and the person who replied back seemed to know all about the fees. So why the hell couldn't they mention it BEFORE? I specifically asked them.

Seriously, for all the money, hassle, and bad experience I would rather buy parts off ebay and risk getting ripped off there.

Do you think they could have told me something when I emailed them BEFORE I placed my order? I specifically asked the if there were any other international charges I should be aware of before I placed my order. Since I got charged I emailed them back asking about the exchange fee and the person who replied back seemed to know all about the fees. So why the hell couldn't they mention it BEFORE? I specifically asked them.
    Well. that IS a bummer..... I suppose the CS person overlooked it... well.. at least the folks that read this thread will now know... (I know that doesn't make things any better for you.. sorry)

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    700mm or you mean 170mm?
    yeah right...the 170mm.

rockypimp
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by yater
    I buy my new bikes and frames from the lbs but this is the "where are the best deals" forum. The best deals are NOT at the local bike shop.
    I believe the best deals are not always measured on a money-saved basis, but on getting the invaluable experience of a shop expertly installing your new product so it lasts is worth the extra couple bucks. Then when inevitably you do visit that shop scratching your head over a mechanical, they will be quite eager to help you. By the way Shimano XT 760 Cranks can be purchased at $250 at certain shops right now with free installation.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005

qbike.com

You could always check qbike.com to find out what things are going for. On there the cheapest in the states price is 217.55 at cambria and it's 229 at nashbar. As far as installation, it would require the tool for the hollowtech BB. More $$. If you have a LBS that will give you a deal and install it, go for it. On the other hand, cranks/BBs are pretty easy to do yourself and you'd have another tool in your box.

mtbr member

Crc

Here you go, a bit more expensive than what I paid this summer, but still the cheapest that I have seen on the web!

$162.28 plus $28 shipping.

My last order arrived faster than another order placed at Jesnen the same day.

Great price, service, and timeliness.
    BoiseBoy

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by BoiseBoy
    Here you go, a bit more expensive than what I paid this summer, but still the cheapest that I have seen on the web!

$162.28 plus $28 shipping.

My last order arrived faster than another order placed at Jesnen the same day.

Great price, service, and timeliness.
    Yep, that's the cheapest I've found. I'm a bit bothered by the comments about some of their stuff being used. If I order a new crankset, I want it to be brand new. That's still under $200 for a nice crank.

I think their stuff is not used, however it is OEM, no fancy packaging... all the european stores I buy from are usually like that , and you do save heaps of money on oem versions of things...

Tá mé ar meisce.
    Quote Originally Posted by yater
    Yep, that's the cheapest I've found. I'm a bit bothered by the comments about some of their stuff being used. If I order a new crankset, I want it to be brand new. That's still under $200 for a nice crank.
    I just purchased the same exact crankset from crc 2 weeks ago. It was not used. It was not oem. It was nice and shiny retail package. As I said earlier after shipping and bank fee's it cost me $193 dollars to florida. It came about 4 days after I ordered it.
    To see what is right, and not to do it, is want of courage or of principle. -- Confucius
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come join me at the Swamp