Redcoat

When to pull the trigger on deals this time of year?

Hola,
    Just picked up a frame and I have been continuing my obsession with looking at bike parts online, jenson, Chainreaction, the usual places, to purchase for my new build. Thereís quite a lot on sale at the moment especially with some new 2014 bits coming out. With Black Friday nearing as well as christmas, when is the best time to get the best deals? Shall i wait a little longer or shall I go ahead with some of the deals now? Iím just being cautious as I donít want to get left with the bottom of the barrel so to speak.

cheers for any advice in advance.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010

When to pull the trigger on deals this time of year?

Seems like a lot of outlets run "12 Days of Christmas" type of sales leading up to Christmas or New Years -- a new item on sale every day. Some of these are great prices. I picked up 2 Chris King hubs at 30% off last season.

The White Jeff W
    IMO if you see something that's at a price you can live with then go for it. It might go lower, or go back up. Bottom line is you felt it was a good deal at the time and you're riding your new bike instead of waiting to see if component X is gonna drop another $20.

That being said, in my experience as an online bargain hunter the best deals are now and right after Christmas when retailers are scrambling to clean out the last of last years stuff before the new riding season begins.
    No moss...

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    You can find the best deals between now and March.... prices might fluctuate a few dollars in each direction, but for the most part they're pretty good right now. If you're willing to buy "lightly-used" parts, you can definitely work that angle to get even better deals. People holding used/old parts just want the money and to get rid of them in most cases.

Redcoat
    thank you appreciate the info.