Master Shredder

What is considered a good price for BB7's?

I've found a set on ebay for $97 shipped. Is this a decent price or will there probably be some end of season sales coming up?
    "Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads." -Back to the Future

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    About $50/wheel minus levers seems to be the going rate.

Great brakes by the way, I've got them on 3 bikes and love 'em. Not as powerful as hyrdo's but way easier to adjust than most hydros and way cheaper, too.

KVW
    Law abiding citizen
    Bluesky seems to have the best deal with their OEM combo kits but if you can afford it I'd get hydros. Love one finger braking my shimano slx and XTs (have both on two different bikes) afford me so I can keep my white knuckle grip on the handlebar where they belong and not the brake levers.
    "Single track is for pansies!
    I blast down a mountain once, and in my wake, lies a new single track for the rest of you."-sm

Master Shredder
    Quote Originally Posted by KVW View Post
    Bluesky seems to have the best deal with their OEM combo kits but if you can afford it I'd get hydros. Love one finger braking my shimano slx and XTs (have both on two different bikes) afford me so I can keep my white knuckle grip on the handlebar where they belong and not the brake levers.
    I'm just upgrading my Avalanche 3.0, i don't think it merits hydros. I want simple+relatively cheap anyways. just grabbed a Rockshox Recon Silver for it too, this will be the best fork i've ever rode
    "Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads." -Back to the Future

KVW
    Law abiding citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by mk.ultra View Post
    I'm just upgrading my Avalanche 3.0, i don't think it merits hydros. I want simple+relatively cheap anyways. just grabbed a Rockshox Recon Silver for it too, this will be the best fork i've ever rode
    Gotcha, well in that case you can't go wrong with a set of tried and true bb7s.
    "Single track is for pansies!
    I blast down a mountain once, and in my wake, lies a new single track for the rest of you."-sm

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    I have seen BB-7's sold just as calipers or as "kits"(calipers, cables, disks, and levers). Make sue you know what is included. Also, some sites sell older versions of the same caliper-different finish. YMMV!

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    I purchased the brakes and rotors from this ebay seller and am happy with the product and service. You could get all the parts for the complete kit from him for about $134 vs $128 at bluesky. The brakes from ebay are 2012 vs 2011 at bluesky.

modifiedcomponents | eBay

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    $51/wheel for the real deal at Jenson. Free Shipping too.

mtbr member
    Price Point has the 2011's for $50 and the 2012's for $78. I don't think there's much change in the last 2 years anyway.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Sounds about right for last year's model which never seems to change anyway.

Huckin' trails
    BB7 are the same since 2008. And I got a set of 2 calipers with adaptors, 2 HS1 160mm rotor for $75 shipped from eBay. Lots of good deal from the Chinese over there. Just make sure it includes everything like the pads, bolts and adaptors before you buy
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleB28 View Post
    topless. that's what all mtb girls do. we go ride, get topless, have pillow fights in the woods, scissor, then ride home!