@adelorenzo

Volatile exchange rate

So I placed an order on Tuesday with Universal Cycles. Spent about an hour carefully shopping and price matching parts, used a coupon code and scraped out the best deal I could.

Today, the Canadian dollar got slammed and lost two cents against the US dollar. When the order ships tomorrow, I will have lost 2%. On a $600 order, that's 12 bucks. Not a huge deal but definitely a PITA.

conjoinicorned
    whine whine whine.....

wasn't that long ago we were 10-15 cents lower.....i don't want the US economy too badly destroyed so i'm happy with .98 on the dollar. i got lucky, my last parts order came in at 1.02 so i made money by buying parts...
    what would rainbow unicorn do?

banned
    Well, I'm moving to Germany and have to exchange my dollars for euros. Guess how I feel?

Yep, and I have been trying to find someone with the need for dollars to buy mine, but nope.

HowtoOverthrowtheSystem
    Jan 2004
    I lived in Italy back when they had the Lira. The govt gives us a cost of living allowance to help with the high cost of living. When I first got there I was getting $90. Four years later before I left I was getting over $900! I bet they are making a lot more now.

@adelorenzo
    Hah... Universal Cycles charged me the day I placed the order, even though it hasn't shipped yet. I saved my 12 bucks.

mtbr member

The Yen is out of control too!

I am stationed in Okinawa right now, and I was going to go off base and look around to see what is out there and boom the exchange rate died. It went from 115yen to the dollar to 95Yen to the dollar. I guess it will be a window shopping weekend.

HowtoOverthrowtheSystem
    Jan 2004
    Wow...pretty volatile. My buddy is at Yokota right now. I haven't had the chance to get to that part of the world yet (my wife isn't too keen on it).