Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Vee Rubber Speed R 26" 76% off... Good Tire?

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  jetboy23 
#1 ·
#4 ·
Whoops, my bad. I also got the Trax. When Pricepoint was running their free ship promo, the Speed R was $10 instead of $8 for the Trax. Honestly I only saw a very negligible difference between the Speed R and the Trax so I opted for the cheaper one. If they were the same price I would probably have gotten both and ran the more aggressive one up front.
It was free shipping but they did tack on a small insurance charge. But Pricepoint definitely has good deals at times.

#2 ·
I bought a pair when they had free shipping. They look great but I haven't had a chance to ride them on dirt. Weight and width are pretty close to spec. It's a great deal no doubt. I'd definitely throw them in if you're ordering something else, but even adding shipping, it's still a good price.
Here's a review I found: HK ? View topic - Vee Rubber Speed-R Tires - Pics & Review

#3 ·
Thanks! Did you get them for $8 with free shipping? I ordered them last night. I got a fox jersey for $9 and a carry along air pump. Even if I only got the two tires the shipping would have only been $3 a piece. Can't beat $11 per tire IMO. I ended up getting the Trax instead of the speed R because it looked like it was even faster rolling.

#7 ·
I love my Mission 29x2.4 up front. It has low center and larger side knobs. My 27.5x2.1 Mission was a disappointment on the rear. No grip on loose climbs, braking was horrible, and the side knobs were very low with little bite. I wish they would just beef up the side knobs of many of their tires and i would be more likely to buy them. If ppl like smaller side knobs, they could always be snipped. I will add that i really like their Vee10's and Master Blaster tires.

For the price (even at full price), Vee Rubber seems to be decent tires.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.