Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Vee Rubber flying v 29er tires $10 each includes shipping

4K views 11 replies 12 participants last post by  ljracer 
#1 ·
#2 ·
For that price, how can you go wrong? Don't expect super traction, but probably compares to crossmax or sb8, etc. Should be a fast rear tire on smooth terrain. I'll keep my Ardent 2.4 on the front (never sketchy no matter what, I hate front end washouts). Think I might just grab one.

#3 ·
No, it DOES NOT compare to either of those tyres. If you ride gravel paths or commute, then this is a fine tyre, if you ride real trails, I'd look elsewhere unless you have the handling skills of a World Cup XC racer.

#4 ·
Try Jenson USA for the Duro Switch or Gremlin tires...$15 each for 29x2.35". I just got a set of the Switch tires today, haven't mounted them up yet, but they came in right around 700gm (708gm I think...I'll reweigh them). Pretty aggressive tread appearance...will review them when I mount them and get a few rides in.
Better traction and ~80gm lighter than the stock SB8's for $36 shipped? I'll take it!

#9 ·
Not really 2.2" tires either, they measure out at just a hair over 2" wide on a 27mm wide Sun rim.

I got a pair to put on my spare wheels for bike paths with light trail duty with the family.

#12 ·
The casing is very nice. High quality. It is also a very fast tire. However it is less than capable for cornering. It might make a good rear race day tire.

I ran it as a front briefly and had some close calls. I think it will see rear duty when I burn thru my conti race king. Tread profile is very low so it will prolly have a short life.

They do measure narrow.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.