MTB B'dos

UPS SUCKS - Internationally shipping from JensonUSA......

If you are a person living outside the US then sad to dsay JensonUSA is no longer the place to buy stuff, since they have switched the international carrier to UPS. They are the worst POS carrier in the world. I had an experience with them years ago where I had to go collect my package to pay for customs duties etc.

Now about 10 years later I see Jenson has switched and hope for the best and place an order. Well it's day 6 for the "5 day delivery" and I get a call telling me my package has been cleared the duties are XXX (more than I normally pay) and that I have to come collect the package ro they could send a driver to collect the cheque and then they could send the package out the next day (day 7 of 5 day service) . I ask them about the duties as they seem high and they say it's "X" and that includes Their Fee - WTF as far as Jenson says that's included in the shipping cost, so I let them know this in no uncertain terms. I now have to drive there, pay the duties and collect my package and hopefully it doesn't take forever or have any "complications" owing to the fact that I told them the handling fee is part of the carriers charge.

I am SO FVCKING IRRATE right now I am almost hovering above my chair, I have sent Jenson an e-mail letting them know this and that it'll be the last order from me until they switch back to Fed Ex.
    Last edited by LyNx; 09-27-2006 at 04:55 PM.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes, will it be worth watching??
    MTB Barbados
    My Phantom pics

Typical Mountain Biker
    Take a chill pill.
    Dude with a single track mind.

Phil from San Diego
    JensonUSA is still my number one shop followed closely by Pricepoint. Nothing but good things to say about them.

Luckily I don't live out side of US and don't know what shipping hassles you have to go through. Seems like your issue is with UPS and not so much with JensonUSA... they are JensonUSA and not JensonInternational. =p

Phil.

back in the saddle!
    Maybe there has been some kind of mistake?
    It does say on their site "UPS International Express includes Brokerage Fees, however you will be responsible for import duties."
    I know when they shipped fedex international you had to pay fedex the gst, and duties if applicable, but fedex would charge an extra $5 for "handling fees".
    Give Jenson a call (try not to be upset!), they are great to deal with and if there was ever any problem with an order, they would happily straighten it out.

MTB B'dos

You guys are right...

... I have already recieved two e-mails reguarding this from people at Jenson - one who saw this post (which I edited the title BTW since it really ins't Jenson's fault) and another from a contact I have with Jenson.

It really is sad 'cause I NEVER had any problems with Jenson or Fed Ex over 6 orders ( I've placed over 2K in orders with them over th past year), I even got my order I placed the week before X-mas within the 5 day period and at 8pm at night delivered to my door with an invoice for duties. Oh well at least my order was correct and I got everything and can finish building up my HT and complete my "stable - rigid, HT & FS".

Don't know why Jenson switched (I could assume a better deal for shipping), but I hope they might switch back or for sure it'll be another place I need to find for parts. In the US, Canada I have never had problems with UPS (never really liked them much) but same sort of service as Fed Ex.
    MTB Barbados
    My Phantom pics

mtbr member
    Isn't it enough that your canadian, now you even have to suffer more. Okay, JK.

I have heard NUMEROUS issues with my snowboard friends in Canada that just despise UPS. To them, UPS represents the evil empire. I have had issues within the US as well, mainly with them taking a minimum of three days to deliver an order,even though I am in there same day delivery range. If they deliver too quick, then why would I pay overnight delivery. Thus they make sure it sits a day or two before coming out.

Performance Bike uses Smart Post. I have NO IDEA what that is, but my 85 year old grandma could walk from Michigan to N.C and back faster than that. That includes her warking up a 4am, watching the weather channel for two hours and taking 15 naps during the day.

TR
    Angry bunny
    Jenson has NEVER been the place to purchase if you live outside of the US.
    UPS is just as bad for shipping costs and Duties as Fedex.
    You need to find a retailer that will offer shipping via USPS if you want to take real advantage of the low prices available within the US.

Frankly I have found that dealing with any of the large online stores is a waste of time and now use www.dropnzone.com . Alan offers low prices and fast, cheap shipping. He does not have a lot of stuff listed on his website but if you email him and tell him I sent you, I am sure he will help you out.
    There is no point getting the cheapest price for an item if you are going to be shafted on the shipping costs.

MTB B'dos
    Is this to me?? cause if you BOTHERED to checked you'd realize I'm not Canadian (would be damn proud to be though) I am in fact from the Caribbean.

Quote Originally Posted by Guppie58
    Isn't it enough that your canadian, now you even have to suffer more. Okay, JK.
    MTB Barbados
    My Phantom pics

Daniel the Dog
    Mar 2008

Are you Italian?

Jenson gives a good effort. I'm very impressed with them. They will do everything they can to make it right.

Jaybo

MTB B'dos

You are right

They do give very could CS and are doing everything to make this right. My only problem now is that they were the only ones offering shipping to my island using Fed Ex and decent shipping rates, now I will have no where to get parts from. Guess I could always give a shout to Mtn High Cyclery or Red Barn.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaybo
    Jenson gives a good effort. I'm very impressed with them. They will do everything they can to make it right.

Jaybo
    MTB Barbados
    My Phantom pics

no shoes no shirt no dice
    Quote Originally Posted by LyNx
    Is this to me?? cause if you BOTHERED to checked you'd realize I'm not Canadian (would be damn proud to be though) I am in fact from the Caribbean.
    I guess he thought that anything "internationally" pertains automatically to Canada, heck I think it's fair to say everyone wishes they were Canadian Actually, I might rethink that statement in a couple of months when the snow is flying and I have to take my dog team to work.

mtbr member

Little pricey but..

4 days from the States to Japan, I'm not complaining. Still much cheaper than buying here.

Hail to the King, baby

Good companies make bad choices ...

Quote Originally Posted by Prexus2005
    JensonUSA is still my number one shop followed closely by Pricepoint. Nothing but good things to say about them.

Luckily I don't live out side of US and don't know what shipping hassles you have to go through. Seems like your issue is with UPS and not so much with JensonUSA... they are JensonUSA and not JensonInternational. =p

Phil.
    I aggree withe the OP.

Now that JensonUSA has switched to UPS for international shipping, I don't order from them anymore. They used to be the online store from which I would order the most.

JensonUSA has joined Nashbar, another UPS shipping bike shop. Nashbar, has to be practically giving away something that I want, before I will order from them. Now JensonUSA is the same.

No more regular business from me for JensonUSA. No gripes about JensonUSA, they run a good operation, but due to their insistance on using UPS, they have lost my business.

I will only deal with anyone shipping UPS as an absolute desperation last resort.

UPS sucks. I mean UPS really sucks. I mean "sucks" does not even adequately describe how badly UPS sucks.

old dude

Hack Racer
    I switched from Jenson to Universal Cycles the moment they switched from Fedex to UPS. So far i've spent 2000 USD in the past 3 months at Universal Cycles. I bought two sets of wheels, with which they shipped USPS. Came just as fast as Fedex or UPS and there wasn't even a mark on the boxes.

Find a different mail order place that will ship USPS or Fedex International Priority. Sometimes it isn't just down to the absolute lowest prices on the net, but rather ultimate customer happiness (ie customer service, knowledge, shipping, ease of transaction)... etc...