Person
    Sep 2005

UPS Brokerage Fees?

I live in Canada, and would like to order some lights and batteries from batteryspace.com. They will only ship via UPS to Canada. This means I will get screwed for brokerage fees. Is there any way to know how much this will be? Is it a flat rate, or a % of the value of the order, or do they just make up a number? My order will be somewhere in the range of $150-300.
    I have bought lots of stuff on ebay, and have always had things shipped USPS without any problems. Mosty things sneak thru without any taxes or duty.

Can anyone help?

Hack Racer
    you will get screwed by ups. Whatever savings you thought there was by buying from US store will be lost. Find another store that will ship USPS or atleast fedex

Doesntplaywellwithmorons!
    Simple, pay for UPS Express/Expedited shipping. The stuff gets here sooner, and there's no brokerage fees. ONLY UPS Ground Standard (and FedEx ground) have brokerage fees seperate from the transportation fees. With the upgrade services its included free of charge.
    I don't post to generate business for myself or make like I'm better than sliced bread

Person
    Sep 2005
    Thanks DeeEight, that's the answer I was looking for. UPS Express is friggin expensive, but at least I will know ahead of time how much I will be paying.

Tear it all out! SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by DeeEight
    Simple, pay for UPS Express/Expedited shipping. The stuff gets here sooner, and there's no brokerage fees. ONLY UPS Ground Standard (and FedEx ground) have brokerage fees seperate from the transportation fees. With the upgrade services its included free of charge.
    Thanks for the info, just ordering some stuff from a retailer who will only ship via UPS.

mtbr member
    Check out this link...maybe of some help> My Canadian Jenson experience.Long.